The One Ring 2E - Unhappy with Free League's pre-order and shipping

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
While I do have the PDF from when I pre-ordered several months ago, I have yet to even get notificiation about them mailing me the physical books.

These apparently released almost 2 weeks ago.

I checked my status via their site and still unchanged "order received". I sent them an email the response I got was "Sending them out as fast as we can."

What is the point of a pre-order if they arent ready to go out the door Day 1?

Ive been reading I'm not the only one with this issue and apparently while the quality of their RPGs is very high, the quality of the shipping system is very low. I have seen that they do well with their kickstarter mailings though, so thats good.

I won't make the mistake of pre-ordering from their website again and wanted to make others aware.

If it can reassure you, I've always had very adequate shipping speed and customer service from Free League. But as others have mentioned, every non-mega corporation RPG publisher right now is struggling to get their product on shipments. All kickstarters were late, and the last two pre-orders I did were several weeks left.

Also, pre-order doesn't necessarily mean it'll be out on day one when it comes to a physical product, but I would absolutely expect pre-orders to receive their products before regular orders.

I'd be very surprised if Free League don't reply to you, but there is probably not much they'll be able to do.

Remove ads