The option to make a Threaded Post

Big J Money

Adventurer
Immediate fact: I don't know much about forum software (I certainly don't know if EN World is custom or stock) but I'm tossing this out there anyway.

There are times when I'd like to reply to someone's post in my thread but I'm concerned that the thread is moving too quickly and people will miss posts that have been made further up recently if I make too many replies. The alternative is the mega-reply where I respond to 5 people at once, but those are sometimes a pain for people to read.

It would be great to have an option, when replying to a post, to thread that reply so that it is hidden (collapsed in some way) when reading the main thread; but it can be expanded if a reader wishes to read it.

I feel that this could be a valuable way to help very long and noisy threads to stay more easily readible and organized as well. I'm not sure what's better, to have a type of post called a "threaded post" where all replies are either to the OP (and thus considered mainline posts) or are replies to mainline posts and automatically threaded and collapsed; or, to have it so that making a collapsed reply is always optional and always something you can choose to do in any thread.

To be clear, I'm not talking about a reddit situation where posts receive votes that change their position in the thread. Posts would always remain in chronological order like how forums are supposed to work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases