• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Original 30-Second Dungeon Creator KS

dhunton

Explorer
WHAT THIS KICKSTARTER IS FOR:
The Dungeon Deck: Quests is a way to create an adventure for one night's gaming (for any fantasy tabletop RPG) in 30 seconds. It has been in print since 2009 in the current format, and we have two expansion decks which we have had printed in a very low number by another printer. We're not as happy with the quality on those, and since we are sold out of them, we're asking for your help to print these two expansions in the better quality format.

INFO ABOUT THE DUNGEON DECK CONCEPT:
Attention, all Game Masters! Have you ever been prevented from preparing for a gaming session because of... gasp!... real life issues (like school, work, or family)? Have you ever had the characters head off in a totally different direction than you expected? Have you ever had a REALLY AWESOME adventure designed, but the characters are just the tiniest bit short of the next level (which they will NEED to survive your adventure)? Then what you need is the Dungeon Deck: Quests!

Inside the Dungeon Deck, there are seven numbered sub-decks: (in order) Lure, Entrance, Atmosphere, Setting, Map, Challenge, and Reward. The DM pulls one card from each ahead of time, and lays them out, creating the adventure. The only things left to do are decide where the challenge(s) and reward are located (either by a random roll or by choice), and determine the exact challenge. For instance, if the "Orcs" card is pulled, what would be a challenge for a party of five 5th level characters would be deadly for three 1st level characters.

To see a pull from the expansions as an example, check out our Kickstarter here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1308283614/dungeon-deck-quests-expansions

P.S. I didn't really see a place to put posts like this, and I've seen other KS posts on the Tabletop forum, so thought this would be ok. Hope it is...

Last edited:

dhunton

Explorer
Where are you seeing green and gray? I don't see that either here on ENWorld, or on our KS page... I'm happy to edit if I know where to find the funky looking text. :)

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Where are you seeing green and gray? I don't see that either here on ENWorld, or on our KS page... I'm happy to edit if I know where to find the funky looking text. :)

Here on EN World, the default theme is dark gray. If the text is a dark color, it's hard to read. The rule of thumb is to not use colored text.

Edit: black is only slightly better, lol

Evenglare

Adventurer
Here on EN World, the default theme is dark gray. If the text is a dark color, it's hard to read. The rule of thumb is to not use colored text.

Edit: black is only slightly better, lol

My enworld is a while background with blueish bars on the posts... it used to be black before the takedown of the site. At least for me.

dhunton

Explorer
Yeah, mine too, Evenglare... So I used a color above that I HOPE will be ok on the white we have, and the gray that GX.Sigma has... :D

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Oh, I guess white is the default, and I changed it back to my familiar black. My bad. XD

Anyway, the dungeon cards look really interesting--I've been looking for randomly-findable mini-dungeons for hex crawling purposes, and this looks like just what I'm after!

Remove ads