• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Pixie is up!

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
I also see that the Pike has the "small" keyword as well. I can imagine a Pixie Fighter with a pike and using the same square as the fellow PC he/she is defending.

keterys

First Post
Well since a gnome can use it a Pixie could use it. That's a d12 in the hands of a Pixie. Who needs a Fullblade when you can use a two-handed heavy war pick?
The fullblade has better stats, and there are other benefits to using different weapon types too - the pixie I just made will be using a rapier, for example...

but sure, picks are solid weapons for pixies. Just like they are for gnomes and halflings.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
The fullblade has better stats, and there are other benefits to using different weapon types too - the pixie I just made will be using a rapier, for example...

but sure, picks are solid weapons for pixies. Just like they are for gnomes and halflings.

In all fairness the fullblade only has a better "to hit". I just imagine a fighter pixie sitting on the shoulders of the Wizard and using her Pike with feats like Polearm Gamble and Polearm Momentum while wearing Rushing Cleats.

keterys

First Post
Eh, probably better off on the shoulders of a thief or someone else who might actually want to be anywhere near a battle. On the wizard, not so helpful.

Though the game doesn't really have good rules about carrying other creatures, and if you treat them as mounted (which there are rules for) they lose a character's worth of actions - so you probably want to fly separately from a character to be safe.

MME did address the gap in weapon usage between small and medium creatures, though, narrowing it somewhat. Much like the change to the rapier did some months ago - the game has basically been erasing the penalties for small characters melee-ing. Which is fine, not like they got bonuses to counterbalance them.

Anyhow, I encourage you to try some pixies out at some point. I have, and they still play fine. Especially if you want to use melee of any kind. The way to try to break them is more like having a ranged one on a raptor mount or similar... but it's not much different than a ranger on a pegasus. Or just standing 30 squares away. You personally take less damage, but your party takes your share of it instead, and you're generally giving up something to pull it off. *shrug*

Klaus

First Post
If you only care about the [W] size, then yeah, the war pick is awesome. But if the character wants to build upon his weapon of choice, the pixie is better served with light blades, to make use of their Dexterity.

A pixie Rogue (scoundrel) with Artful Dodger can benefit greatly from the bonus to AC against opportunity attacks and the many movement-granting powers, since they'll be ignoring difficult terrain most of the time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads