The playtest has begun

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I have to say that I'm a little bit peeved.

I signed up literally within minutes of the playtest being announced and yet I still haven't gotten an email. I know two other people who just signed up TODAY and they've already downloaded their packets :(

Did you both try Piratecat's link?

Yes. I think I've pieced together the problem. My WotC account is associated with a different email address than the one I used to sign up for the playtest.

So if you're having trouble getting to the playtest materials, make sure that the email address you use to sign up for a WotC account is the same email address you use to sign up for the playtest.

(edit: And yes, now that I've re-read the actual signup page I notice that this stipulation is clearly spelled out. Still, the easiest way to do this distribution would've been to just attach the files to the second email.)

vagabundo

Adventurer
Bah. First big disappointment with the packet is the Monster formatting - back to the dark ages. It's like 4e never happened. NPC's have spell lists again <yuck>.

Hopefully that will be improved.

I'm happy with the rest of the packet though. Seems very streamlined, looking forward to seeing the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic in play (it's everywhere; poor swimmers in heavy armour :))

The character sheets look good, lots of nice abilities. A little heavier than I thought the default game would be. Although maybe themes and backgrounds will be a module/optional.

Remove ads