Kickstarter The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project

Do we have a host lined up for the ENnies yet? Maybe figure out what Wil Wheaton or Felicia Day's rates are, contact them, and see if you can raise public awareness of the awards.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
How about a community store front, so that community members could hawk their wares.

That would be interesting. I could sell my books...though it's probably easier for everyone to just get them from Amazon. But, I'm sure there are tons of crafty people out there making little RPG-related crafty things people would pay money for. I've seen some things people make and they're definitely worth buying.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How about a community store front, so that community members could hawk their wares.

I have considered that before. Basically there are two types - you could have an eBay-ish addon, or an RPGNow-ish addon. The thing is that both of those two locations would pretty much make such a thing redundant.

There's a third-party add-on called "Enthusify" which would work well for this, and is 100% compatible with our site. It does take a % though.

Yeah, sorry man. I'm still looking at shipping options though, and if it changes I'll let you know. If there was a sizeable Oz contingent of dice-buyers, I could have a whole box sent there directly from the manufacturer and have them distributed from there rather than going to me and then out again separately.

Ouch, that's some horrible shipping charges. Basically puts the dice out of reach for me. I thought the UK had a small parcel rate that made it quite cheap to send small items from the UK to Australia (i.e. they would easily fit a set of dice).

I've bought minis from the UK on eBay before and paid pretty reasonable shipping charges for them (i.e. nowhere near 10 pounds). Is it something you could perhaps check out Morrus?

Olaf the Stout

Edit: Just to clarify Morrus, I'm sure you asked what the cost to post from the UK to Australia was. I'm just wondering if the person you asked about it forgot to tell you about small parcel rates (or perhaps they are no longer offered?)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Bear in mind it's a two-leg journey - they have to come to me first, then I have to mail them out again.

I have a volunteer in the US, so he'll take receipt of a bulk order and send them out in that side of the pond. If I had one in Oz I could do the same thing - and it would be pretty cheap - but each bulk order has a minimum of 100 units.

Remove ads