• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The return of DDI-enhancements for published adventures - would you like to see them?

Windjammer

Adventurer
I've been perusing two of WotC' published modules for 4E lately, P1 Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress, and E2 Kingdom of the Ghouls. While both, especially the latter, ooze over with goodies, my impression is that these modules require quite a lot of work to fill in. Filling in these things is a joy, to be sure, but they take time and, on occasion, being in a position to work on further inspiring material along the way certainly makes the exercise more enjoyable.

So I was reminded of things we saw on DDI about a year ago, when there were web enhancements, so to speak, for WotC' first two published modules for 4E, H1 and H2. In the case of H1, WotC outstripped itself and offered further information on background locations, background characters, side treks, new encounters, and and and, to round it off with advice on how to convert H1 and H2 to Eberron and the Forgotten Realms.

Seeing the imminent release of the Eberron Campaign Guide, would you think it a good idea for WotC to return to this practice? If not, why not? For instance, are there simply too few customers purchasing the modules so that the majority of DDI-customers would feel they receive material of no use to them? Or, on the other hand, has the ready availability of Campaign Guides (for both FR and, soon, Eberron) rendered the need for conversion advice on DDI obsolete?

If, on the other hand, you would like to see the return of such material, which variety thereof would you like to see in particular?

As I indicated in the opening lines, my personal preference would go to support material for fleshing out characters and locations on the roleplaying side, but I'm curious to hear about other people's perceived needs and wishes.

tmatk

Explorer

So I was reminded of things we saw on DDI about a year ago, when there were web enhancements, so to speak, for WotC' first two published modules for 4E, H1 and H2. In the case of H1, WotC outstripped itself and offered further information on background locations, background characters, side treks, new encounters, and and and, to round it off with advice on how to convert H1 and H2 to Eberron and the Forgotten Realms.

Did they really do all that? All I found was a couple extra encounters in Dungeon 155, alongside the conversions. I'm running H1 now, I would love this info if you could point me to it! :)

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
My honest opinion is... no. I really believe the WotC authors (with the exception of Rich Baker whose stuff is still excellent) have completely lost their mojo when it comes to adventures. I don't want to see expansions of mediocre products (I like the rule books but I can't warm to the adventures).

If there is additional design time I hope it is spent on a third Dungeon adventure each month or even someone spending some effort turning the Scales of War into an actual adventure path of linked adventures rather than individual adventures with some sort of common trade dress.

Remove ads