The Rise of Felskein [Completed]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
And just so you know, Sanzuo/Bail...I am looking for a way to include Meepo too. ;) Some of the NPC/periphery beings (like the Guardian, Suniel's goblins, Meepo and even Dog) add so much to the style and flavor of the group, I feel they deserve to be a part of the image.

If there were a way to include the silver turtle (need a MUCH bigger picture. hahaha) I would.

Just my opinion of one of the things I really enjoy about/gives depth to the narrative.
:)
--SD

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Glad you've enjoyed it steeldragons. Your drawings of the cast are awesome. Only thing that didn't make me go "yeah, that's exactly what they'd look like" was Keeper. He looks a bit too... droid-like? Frail? I picture him looking more like your sweet conception of the guardian...

Tiny quibble though, we were all blown away looking at what you have so far, can't wait to see what it's like when it's done.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Session 31, Part 7

Harold awoke, sneezed, and froze, listening for the slightest sound that might tell him one of Hadral's assassins had found Harold's hiding place in a dusty, abandoned wing in the massive estate. After several minutes, he nodded and climbed out from under the bed, then looked out the window. It was about time.

He stepped into the room where he'd first encountered Sarah. His timing was perfect. He'd just sat down on the bed when she opened the door. Her face lit up as she saw him and she quickly stepped inside.

“I brought you food,” she said, pulling a small lumpy cloth bundle from under her apron. “I figured you haven't probably eaten much lately.”

Harold gave her an almost-genuine smile as he reached for the bundle, rubbing his stomach at the now familiar ache of hunger. “What did you find out for me?” he said as he wolfed down the biscuits and fruit she handed him.

“Well, she's definitely here. They've hung a dozen conspirators involved the attack on the barracks the other night and one of the cooks died suddenly in mid-sentence after saying something unpleasant about Hadral.”

“Are there any rumors of new relics she might have? A flying island or a giant elemental gem?”

She shook her head and sat down next to him on the bed, immediately sliding closer to him. “I haven't heard anything about anything like that but everyone knows about the key.”

“The key?”

“Yeah, there's a magical gold key that she wears on a necklace at all times. If she opens any door in the palace with the key, it'll lead her to the her Armory. If she took those wonderful things from the Crystal Towns-”

“Crystal Towers.”

“Right, those stolen relics that will let you save your homeland,” she said, moving a little closer and sighing. “It's so heroic...”

He slid to the end of the bed. “So the relics would be in the Armory? Is there anywhere else they might be?”

She followed him. “That's it, she keeps them under lock and key. She controls all of the magic in the Charst and her family regulates all the magic in the Black City as a whole. If we want to get to the holy relics, we'll have to come up with some plan to get past Hadral's assassins, get the key, and get to her Armory without getting caught-”

She stood suddenly her head cocked to one side. “Damn, that's Resa calling me, I have to go. I'll be back as soon as possible.”

Great, so in order to get my weapons so I can kill Hadral I have to kill Hadral, he thought as Sarah slipped out of the room. Now what the hell am I-

What have you gotten into, are you safe–

The question was in Harold's head, but they weren't his thoughts.

-Suniel. I'm safe but the True Stone isn't–

He waited several minutes, waiting for another word, another thought from Suniel.

Suddenly there was a shimmer all around him and he wasn't alone.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Glad you've enjoyed it steeldragons. Your drawings of the cast are awesome. Only thing that didn't make me go "yeah, that's exactly what they'd look like" was Keeper. He looks a bit too... droid-like? Frail? I picture him looking more like your sweet conception of the guardian...

Tiny quibble though, we were all blown away looking at what you have so far, can't wait to see what it's like when it's done.

Good call Iron Sky...I had, always thought of Keeper specifically as droid-like. haha. I can easily adjust him to a more...guardian-like.

Really glad you like it. Will post it again as the piece progresses.

...and thanks for the XP. :)

--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
How's this?

Fiddled with Keeper and threw Meepo in. Doesn't look like Dog's gonna make the cut. Sorry Kormak. But Meepo fills the space well and works composition-wise with Not Tongue.

Attachments

• ironsky_group3.jpg
    ironsky_group3.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 145

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Fiddled with Keeper and threw Meepo in. Doesn't look like Dog's gonna make the cut. Sorry Kormak. But Meepo fills the space well and works composition-wise with Not Tongue.

Looks great. I especially dig No-Tongue, his expression and the way he's peeking out is perfect.

Volabit

First Post
Nice! That's pretty sweet Steel. Impressive work you have come up with, and looks great with pencil sketching. It is greatly appreciated that you take such time to do this work. I feel likes it's not my place to give suggestions to an artist, for you have created something wonderful indeed, but the one thing I could humbly suggest is with Suniel.

This is a person that had to scramble the brains of his own lost son, only later to have him be murdered. A person that has lived far too long and seen far too much death. Correct me if I am wrong IronSky but on the character sheet we didn't even list his age as a number, just something far beyond what is normal. He is old and weathered, his face is sad and lost in a distant time. Joys come from minor things, for anything more is pushed back by memories of the past. I guess in a nutshell, hairless, aged, and scarred, most of his body was scarred up/etched anyways. But to be fair, what you have made is great, and I feel your interpretations are your right as an artist, just happy to see someone take so much interest. Thankyou for your work SteelDragons

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Nice! That's pretty sweet Steel. Impressive work you have come up with, and looks great with pencil sketching. It is greatly appreciated that you take such time to do this work. I feel likes it's not my place to give suggestions to an artist, for you have created something wonderful indeed, but the one thing I could humbly suggest is with Suniel.

This is a person that had to scramble the brains of his own lost son, only later to have him be murdered. A person that has lived far too long and seen far too much death. Correct me if I am wrong IronSky but on the character sheet we didn't even list his age as a number, just something far beyond what is normal. He is old and weathered, his face is sad and lost in a distant time. Joys come from minor things, for anything more is pushed back by memories of the past. I guess in a nutshell, hairless, aged, and scarred, most of his body was scarred up/etched anyways. But to be fair, what you have made is great, and I feel your interpretations are your right as an artist, just happy to see someone take so much interest. Thankyou for your work SteelDragons

Thank you Vol for your input. I am glad you like the work. But I'm still working under the understanding that elves are, practically, immortal.

As for the "etchings"... according to Iron Sky's descriptions in the narrative, from the beginning to now, they flare or 'glow" during his working of magic...and "out of the corner of the eye" to the average observer. Not noticeable in the normal "day to day". Again, he's an elf...the wear and, emotional, tear on him...is internal, as far as I understand for elves (of any world) in general or have read in the narrative. Sucks to be sure...and I could certainly make him LOOK more "world worn" but he is supposed to be an elf = Ageless beauty personified.

If you are Suniel's player, I will certainly try to make him as close to your mind's image as possible. These sketches were working off of my understanding of the descriptions of the narrative and the character.

Thanks.
--SD

Remove ads