The Root of Rockin-Roll-Playin'

Living Legend

First Post
This was what we basically did for years with d20 modern. I ran a campaign based on the movie Demon Knight, the other DM wrote a western campaign where we went up against whatever sci-fi or fantasy movie he had seen on cable that weekend: try duking it out with a predator with only some six shooters and a sawed off.

I love that kind of gaming. When I started building a home system a few years ago the first campaign we did was the movie Pandorum, perfect scenario for players who don't quite understand a game yet.

S'mon

Legend
XP seems to be broken for me. I agree. My RL politics makes t difficult to engage in modern games.

I thought I was quite clever making the 'white' civilised Nerathi the bad guys, but also somewhat sympathetic (despite their necromancy and human sacrifice), so they were more than just orcs, with the 'red' barbarian Altanians as the PCs/protagonists. A player commented last session that there was no 'good' and 'evil' here, just 'us' and 'them' - which I think was what I was going for.

Remove ads