The Rules.

Psionicist

Explorer
I just broke a rule I didn't even know existed, namely posting a picture of US president Bush. Where can I read about the rules on EN Boards?

I am posting this because I cannot find any rules on the EN World site, nor on the boards. I think every user should know of the rules. Apperantly, I don't, even while I've been here since 1999.

Thanks! :)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Remember the part where you clicked "I agree" and your password was sent to you? That's where the terms are.

There may be another place where you can see it...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh, Psionicist. Are you actually going to claim you'd never heard of the "no politics" rule? Or that you honestly didn't think that joke pictures of a major political figure would not violate that rule?

In any event, when you registered, you were told, "The owners of EN World Messageboards have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Enough, guys.

Psionicist, you didn't break any rules per se; you posted a funny picture that happened to trigger a political outcry. You never mentioned politics; in my opinion, it's not your fault that the thread degraded. Nemmerle caught it just before it really got messy, thank goodness.

However, it's generally a bad idea to post OT pictures/jokes about political figures. They're too likely to inadvertently offend someone, because some people are always very thin-skinned about such things.

So, no real harm done, but keep it in mind for the future. Fair enough?

- Piratecat

Psionicist

Explorer
Bah, of course I know of "No politics" - more or less. I know that political discussions aren't alloved.

I felt kinda guilty of something when I got that e-mail, ehum.

Remove ads