Release The Runewild Campaign Setting for 5e - Beautiful and Cruel

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Beyond the kingdom of Aruanda, there is an untamed land. It is a place where witches walk, where goblins cavort, where the borders between the mortal and fey realms grow thin. For some, it is a place of unspeakable wonder; for others, only madness and death lie within its trackless depths.
It is the Runewild, and it is beautiful and cruel.

The Runewild is a dark fairy tale sandbox setting for use with the 5th Edition of the world’s most popular roleplaying game. Designed for character levels 1 through 10, it provides locations, encounters, and NPCs to support a campaign lasting months or years, or to be adapted into other campaigns. Over three hundred pages long, this book includes:
  • A history of the Runewild and its surrounding settlements
  • 150 detailed encounter areas for player characters to explore
  • 21 maps (included as separate files for virtual tabletops)
  • 8 new Backgrounds and a new Feat: Fey-Touched
  • 21 unique magic items (like witch embers and the staff of clarity and confusion)
  • 32 new monsters (including clockwork dwarves, fey lions, giant forest sloths, and the terrifyingly beautiful Golden Bodach)
  • Detailed descriptions of the histories, motivations, and weaknesses of the witches of the Runewild, including the Whitebone Sisters; Missus Switch, the swine hag; Korthsuva, the Witch of Hours; and the Hag Queen Griselda, Mother of Ogres
  • New optional rules for exploration and resting
  • Advice for running a sandbox campaign
  • Dozens of random tables designed to help GMs make a Runewild campaign their own
Now on DriveThruRPG.

Last edited:

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I got the PDF from Kickstarter and I must say... holy naughty word, I am amazed. This book is incredibly creative but also exremely useful; it really nails the whole "fairy tale" vibe while also working within the D&D rules. I'm particularly impressed with how much cross-linking there is between the encounter/area entries; this is a fantastic way to move PCs from one encounter area to another, while also giving the setting a lot of continuity.

I really wish I had backed at the physical copy level. Do you know if it's still possible to get a physical copy? Do you have a website where you sell them?

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I got the PDF from Kickstarter and I must say... holy naughty word, I am amazed. This book is incredibly creative but also exremely useful; it really nails the whole "fairy tale" vibe while also working within the D&D rules. I'm particularly impressed with how much cross-linking there is between the encounter/area entries; this is a fantastic way to move PCs from one encounter area to another, while also giving the setting a lot of continuity.

I really wish I had backed at the physical copy level. Do you know if it's still possible to get a physical copy? Do you have a website where you sell them?

Thanks! We're really happy on how it turned out too!

Yes, physical books are coming. If you've got your DriveThru settings so that you can get emails we'll send out an email to everybody who got a PDF copy (including Kickstarter backers.) (Also make sure you're set up to get emails from us).

Also if you feel up to it, we'd love to get some more customer reviews. Even something like the paragraph you have above would help people out:
DriveThruRPG.com

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Physical books are finally here! (Sorry for the delay)

If you already got the PDF you should have gotten an email with a coupon for a discount. (Let me know if you don't see it.)

For everybody else who has not gotten the PDF, you can check out The Runewild Campaign Setting in print and PDF here!

Moon-bears.jpg

Remove ads