• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sceptre of Kings-A Heroic Dwarven Quest

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gryphon's Eye Inn Map 2

Attachments

• gei2.jpg
    gei2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 375

Erekose13

Explorer
Mohgrym following the Prince's orders searches through the inn. He pays particular attention to the other people in the inn, the servants and any other patrons that might be about. He makes a mental note of all of their faces and personalities so that he would be aware in the future of any changes. Finished his search he returns to report to the Prince.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Elspth stands to one side, knowing that her place is by the Prince yet quietly noting details of the event for the inevitable epic poem.

Thels

First Post
Alembregh watched as the group around him began with the preperations for their establishment. After his men had a little time to rest and enjoy their ale, he called two of his men, Gurin and Bremin, to his side: "We're here in dwarven halls all right, but the confinement and peace of Temperlain's halls is lacking here. I want this place secured. Each of you, take a group of dwarves and see what you can do about the defences of this place.".

As Gurin and Bremin get to work, Alembregh smiles. Looking over his shoulder at Elspeth: "Ahh, just look at them, it's like a thriving working pile of ants. Everyone so focussed at their own job at it. Just beautiful. Maybe this can inspire them some hope."

Alembregh gives a short nod at Mohgrym when he reports back. The public environment of this place requires him to keep the ranks up, but he assumed Mohgrym knew he was gratefull for his friends help.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Within an hour, the other (former) patrons were moved out, each with a refund of their fees, so tyhere wasn't too much displeasure among them.
Burgain saw them all of and then went to see about the Stables that he kept for any visiting Tuskers (rare though they were). The Stables, he informs you, can comfortably house about 8 of ther beasts.

Two hours later, Eugrimm Keeneye returns, heading for Rament and then the prince.
'I have a pretty good idea of the layout of the Enemies close at hand. There is a visitor coming in a few hours, a Deep Gnome Scout. he says that he can fill any gaps in our intelligence.'
The Ranger then bows and goes to get some food and an ale if there is no other pressing matter for him.

Knight Otu

First Post
Skezzketh, still somewhat unused to dwarven customs, remained largely silent during the entry of the troops into the halls. Seeing that he could not currently help in preparations, he sought a quiet place to listen to the whispers of the spirits, but ready to act if he was needed. Should he be assigned a room, he'll shortly look at it, but for now stay as close to the Prince as allowable (as far as he can tell).

Wilphe

Adventurer
"I don't think I will ever fully understand Dwarfen aesthetics my lord, but I believe I can see what you mean." Elspeth looks at Skezzketh and speaks in Draconic, "Easy, cousin, the spirits here should be friendly."

Jarval

Explorer
Storí looks around the tavern, nodding approvingly. "Aye, these are nice enough quarters." He says quietly to himself, walking up to stand alongside the Prince.

"Your Highness, are there any tasks you require of me?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Looking at Elspeth, Skezzketh replies in Draconic: "That iss what one would think... Earth and rock spiritss are strong here, no surprisse. Slow to anger, but if they are, no one wantss to stand in their way. But I do not think we are in danger from the spiritss here... I think they will aid me as they did in my homelandss."

Thels

First Post
Alembregh stays put in the common room, overlooking the ongoing work and the people entering and leaving the inn. Given the circumstances, he decided that wearing his shining armor would probably make a better impression than his royal clothing would. These people want to see strength, not courtesy.

He smiles at Elspeth's reply, but then looks away when she starts her private discussion with the lizardman, whereupon the Gith catches his eye. Some strange creatures wander the depths of the world, sometimes with even stranger motivations. Like Elspeth might never fully comprehend the ways of the Dwarf, I might never fully understand the reasons why these three aligned themselves so close to this Dwarven House. Which is of course not to say I'm not gratefull for their assistance.

He nods at Eugrimm when he comes back to report. "Ahh, so we'll have someone visiting us soon. Perhaps we should arrange, not so far for the visitor as more to the impression we'll make on the people that live in these halls." Looking around him, Alembregh notes that all his dwarves are already occupied with organizing the rooms, the defences or whatever task they found. He looks at the furniture for a little while, before asking: "All right, time to put my own hands to a little work. Rament, Skezzketh, Denzenai, lend me a hand here. I want a wide table in the middle of the room, where we can sit on one side and any people that want to consert with us can sit on the other side. Perhaps we could have one of the chairs raised. Rament will sit to my right, with Storí next to him, as my close advisors. Elspeth will sit to my left with Mohgrym next to her, as observers. I count on you two to tell me anything suspicious afterwards. Storí, perhaps you could try to discover us additional info about the area we're heading to after this conversation? Skezzketh, Denzenai, stay close by. It would not hurt to show off some multiracial acceptance." That said, Alembregh starts to make the table arrangement.

Last edited:

Remove ads