D&D 5E The Secret World MMORPG is getting a 5e D&D Adaptation

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
FEBALYeXsAcAW5f

Star Anvil Studios has announced they're going to be producing and releasing a tabletop setting for The Secret World.

For those who don't know the game, you play a character gifted with supernatural powers who joins one of three Secret Societies around the world who battles against monsters, deities, and magic to try and keep the world safe during a time of massive magical upheaval. It's very focused on puzzles and creating a central mythos across various cultural traditions and ideas.

The MMO is pretty bonkers, all things considered, so I'm definitely interested.

I thought it would be fan-homebred, but I am surprised because it will be a profesional title, and with the rules of 5th Ed, when this is not enough ready for a setting with modern tech and firearms.

I think this is good for the brand, because it helps the IP to be known by more people. I can't say an opinion about the gameplay of the videogame, but the lore hasn't got a litle bestiary.

Count_Zero

Adventurer
I like the game and setting, but one of the big things with the mechanics was that the character mechanics weren't class-based, and with a particular focus on skill levels (well before ESO came out). Almost to the point that a variant of something like the Genesys system or Cypher system might have been a better pick.

I'm interested to see how the setting generally works out.

I like the game and setting, but one of the big things with the mechanics was that the character mechanics weren't class-based, and with a particular focus on skill levels (well before ESO came out). Almost to the point that a variant of something like the Genesys system or Cypher system might have been a better pick.

I'm interested to see how the setting generally works out.

This explains why they started with 5e and mentions they will concider other RPG systems afterwards.

Remove ads