The Snyder Cut is being Released! Wait .... what?

Mallus

Legend
I‘m looking forward to it, too. My take on Snyder is he’s an extremely talented and equivalently limited director. But god can he compose beautiful scenes. The opening montage in Watchmen and the origin sequence for Dr. Manhattan scored to Glass’s soaring Pruitt Igoe being two good examples. Snyder’s actually got a discernible style. I like that.

And I’ll freely admit to considering Man of Steel to not only being a good movie, but a good Superman movie.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
When I went and watched the directors cut of BS I didnt even bother to watch the bit after Dumbsday showed up - better to turn it off than to watch the travesty unfold again.

I’m predicting that the Snyder cut of JL will be equally unsatisfying

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I can't believe I'm defending Man of Steel against Manos Hands of Fate, but Manos has absolutely NO sense of timing. It would deserve its reputation as a bad movie on that subject alone. Man of Steel does not have that problem.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I can't believe I'm defending Man of Steel against Manos Hands of Fate, but Manos has absolutely NO sense of timing. It would deserve its reputation as a bad movie on that subject alone. Man of Steel does not have that problem.

I'm not saying that Manos is a good movie, in any sense. But it is less painful for me to watch than Man of Steel, and I will watch Manos again anytime, unlike Man of Steel.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases