The state of Neko Princex

Neko Princex

Explorer
Greetings all! First off as an introduction I go by the stage name of Angel Tarragon online. After dealing with an inane amount of cyberbullying, I decided to have a stage name that I use online to protect myself a bit. Anyway, some of you may know me and recognize me...I have used these forums in the past under different usernames. Anyway...that's a quick introduction myself for those of you that either don't know me or don't remember me.

I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress this year...the details of which I don't want to go into. Of the thirty pounds I lost last year I have put fifteen back on. After my birthday next month I plan to get back on the donkey of diet and exercise. I'd like to lose enough weight to [eventually] fit into a size eight, which I think is a reasonable goal with dedication and discipline. I've mostly been stable at two hundred and thirty pounds, with my highest being two hundred and sixty. I have done a few regimens so I know what does work and plan on getting back to those methods.

Among losing weight other goals I have for myself for the rest of the year and going into next year include learning how to drive and possibly taking a few courses at the local college. If the college courses don't prove to be too stressful I may try to become a full-time to half-time student juggled with getting back to work. The latter of which comes into the next goal, which is transitioning. As many of you may know, I am transgender...male-to-female. I have lived as pre-everything for the last thirteen years and the stress of not doing anything has gone from occasional emotional bouts of dysphoria to full on depression this year, so it is high time I got off my ass and changed the quality of my life for the better.

I imagine my plate is already going to be full with the aforementioned goals, but it doesn't stop there. My depression has turned into a lack of caring about a lot of things, but mostly my creativity has taken a huge hit this year. As a creator, I want to create and breathe life into what I do. I used to be passionate about art when I was a teenager, I was good at sketching and out of all my high school classes there were very few that I took a lot of joy in. I want to get back to the joy that I used to have...I can hope that by pursuing the things that I used to love that I will find new love for them. If life pulls me in another direction, then I will be ready to adapt to that, but I first want to try to get back to the joy I had when I was younger.

I feel very on the fence about YouTube. It has been a very long time since I has uploaded anything and as much as I would like to continue to try to make content, there is already a wealth of channels creating the kind of content that I would me making. It would be very hard to try to break into category yet once again. Honestly, I think I may just let the channels I have lay dormant for now and keep them around for the possibility of using them again at some point in the next couple of years when I have more time to devote to making content. Once I have the new computer set-up and properly connected to the internet, I am likely going to yeet myself onto Twitch, which I could easily see myself using as a replacement for the tedious process of creating YouTube videos.

On the topic of gaming...

I've been feeling very burned out on gaming/ttrpgs this year and while I have had some musings, I have not created anything wholly useable this year. At some point next year EN Publishing will be putting out the Level Up books for Dungeons & Dragons 5E (which are currently being kickstarted). Fifth edition has left me very uninterested with D&D and I've been lethargic to really get familiar with the rules, but what I have read has left me with an odd taste on my palette that I don't like. Level Up looks like the 5E that I wanted out of the gate for D&D. I feel confident that the Level Up books will light a fire under my ass to finally start to homebrew some 5E content. I will also be creating more Pathfinder RPG 1E content and trying my hands at creating material for other gaming systems...I am looking at Green Ronin Publishing AGE system, Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition and Savage Worlds.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Welcome

I've been running a Fantasy AGE campaign since the beginning of Covid. If you don't already know Green Ronin will be publishing an updated version of the game in May 2022. The play test occurred last summer and they art currently working on the graphic design. The new core book will be compatible with all previously published material. In other words it's not a new edition. More like 1.1 rather than 1.5.

I also GM Modern AGE and The Expanse AGE. If you have questions about AGE don't hesitate to ask.

Neko Princex

Explorer
I've been running a Fantasy AGE campaign since the beginning of Covid. If you don't already know Green Ronin will be publishing an updated version of the game in May 2022. The play test occurred last summer and they art currently working on the graphic design. The new core book will be compatible with all previously published material. In other words it's not a new edition. More like 1.1 rather than 1.5.

I also GM Modern AGE and The Expanse AGE. If you have questions about AGE don't hesitate to ask.

I frequent The Piazza RPG forums on a daily basis and there has been some chatter over there about the Fantasy Age Core Rulebook. I'll definitely be getting the Core Rulebook despite already owning the basic rulebook and companion...likely I'll let the players use the older books as reference material at the table. I'm quite excited to see Freeport get the Fantasy Age treatment.

Last edited:

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I used to be a member of The Piazza until I realized I was wallowing in nostalgia for editions of D&D I no longer play - editions that cannot be 'fixed' to my tastes without major changes. Let's just say it wasn't good for me psychologically. I'm much better now.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Heya,

There is nothing like a new release to recharge your batteries and get you back into the game. I hope Level Up is exactly what you are looking for.

-Cheers

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases