• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Terminator and Aliens - Michael Tresca Freebies

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Talien, I'm just wondering, do you incorporate those freebies with new material as it comes out? "Evil Dead: Ashes 2 Ashes" just ended, and "Evil Dead: Shop 'till You Drop Dead" is out now, which expand (yet again) the Evil Dead mythos, and I'm not sure that the latest Terminator novel, "The Future War" is in your Terminator work either.

Beyond that, well, you already know how I feel about your work. ;)

As it stands, I keep having this fantasy of doing a short campaign for my players, set in the near future. The Terminators are bent on eradicating mankind, the Deadites have risen again, and the Predators have decided that this world is now a great hunting spot, and they even unleashed some Aliens there to spice things up. Against all four of these foes, the PCs fight side-by-side with Ash and John Conner, fighting to take back a world that should belong to them.

Of course, that campaign would have a higher kill rate than even the deadliest Call of Cthulhu game, but man it'd be a blast!

Last edited:

talien

Community Supporter
Alzrius said:
Talien, I'm just wondering, do you incorporate those freebies with new material as it comes out? "Evil Dead: Ashes 2 Ashes" just ended, and "Evil Dead: Shop 'till You Drop Dead" is out now, which expand (yet again) the Evil Dead mythos, and I'm not sure that the latest Terminator novel, "The Future War" is in your Terminator work either.
Alzrius! My main man!

I was in fact collecting the latest Evil Dead comic (that's Ashes 2 Ashes I think?). I was a bit distraught over it, actually, as the frames seemed so chaotic that sometimes I couldn't make out what was going on. And in at least one of the issues, there was a major typo that drives me insane. Bad enough I have typos in my .PDFs, but comics?! There's not that many words!

Ahem. Anyway, I'm like five novels behind on Terminator too.

Short answer: Yes, when I get the time. But got no time.

Longer answer: I have little time mostly due to job upheavals, familial obligations, and Paying Gigs (tm). RPGObjects and Ronin Arts have been very receptive to my pitches, which argues the point that I should come up with my own unique (if derivative) material rather than copyright-violating-material and actually make some money on the side. Blood & Brains is still chugging along and Blood & Spooks is catching up. I'm hoping Blood and Blades will top those two for gore and horror. :)

And oh yeah, I've got one novel out to a publisher and I'm working on another.

And oh yeah, I'm planning on producing my own line of .PDFs.

Did I mention the two movie scripts I've got circulating? No? Never mind...

Beyond that, well, you already know how I feel about your work. ;)
*sniff* You're too good to me Alzrius.
As it stands, I keep having this fantasy of doing a short campaign for my players, set in the near future. The Terminators are bent on eradicating mankind, the Deadites have risen again, and the Predators have decided that this world is now a great hunting spot, and they even unleashed some Aliens there to spice things up. Against all four of these foes, the PCs fight side-by-side with Ash and John Conner, fighting to take back a world that should belong to them.
Hahahah, well there is an Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator comic (probably out of order but you get the idea). It takes into account Alien: Resurrection, probably the only source in history to do so. In fact, it's a sequel of sorts, which makes it special. I didn't say good. Just...special.

There are more Aliens comics out there than I've ever managed to collect. Mostly, the one-offs didn't really add the the mythology of Aliens (most web sites have done that already), so I got bored and stopped hunting all the issues down.

Of course, that campaign would have a higher kill rate than even the deadliest Call of Cthulhu game, but man it'd be a blast!
The purpose of all three of those movies was to kill off humanity. So I agree.

Aliens are basically Cthulhuesque anyway, but a Cthulhu/Predator or Cthulhu/Terminator campaign would really be something!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
talien said:
This brings a happy tear to my eye. Am I a bad man?
Well if it makes you a bad man, then it makes me a bad man too. I tried my hardest to kill off all the PCs.

I intend to run a sequel this coming October and character that made out alive of the last game will be returning. [evil mode on]They shal all perish! HAHAHAHAHA![/evil mode off]

jeff37923

First Post
OK, I've downloaded the Predator PDF as well. All three are Good Stuff in my opinion. Very well done.

After a lunchtime bull session, I am going to run an AVP Dungeon Crawl - that will only bear a vague resemblance to the movie (which disappointed me). The players will be forewarned that this will be a one-shot with a very high kill ratio and are encouraged to bring whatever they can that fits the genre for humans, they will have had access to the government Predator data (the Aliens will be an unknown). I am debating on having two experienced players take the Aliens and the Predators with a larger group being the humans. I'm still working it out in my head.

The only thing I guarentee is imminent violence for everyone.

Alzrius said:
I ran an "Aliens" one shot. Seven players, each with two characters. About three hours later, the game ended and one PC had survived, of 14 originals. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads