The Third Doctor Sourcebook

bjmorga

First Post
5 out of 5 rating for The Third Doctor Sourcebook

Bias alert: the Third Doctor is my favorite Doctor. This was the first Doctor Who RPG book I purchased after the 50th Anniversary limited edition rulebook. I was interested in the RPG, but I was curious to see what an actual sourcebook would look like. Thankfully, this was a great read. Several chapters at the beginning explain the uniqueness of the Third Doctor's adventures, while running through character sheets and offering helpful advice for running Third Doctor adventures. The remaining chapters take three serials each, in chronological order, going into great detail about the adventure and offering suggestions for new adventures. It's a treasure trove of information for players and fans. Come for the RPG material, stay for the Who information... or the other way around! As with my other Who-related reviews, I will point out that these sourcebooks are not just for RPG players. Any fan of Doctor Who would love reading through these books. Though there's a ton of UNIT information in this book, I would suggest anyone picking this up should also buy the UNIT Sourcebook as well. That sourcebook gives a more thorough look at UNIT, while also giving a deeper look into the Third Doctor's adventures.

Remove ads