The Trindle Isle Market [Manzanita Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
The two adventurers return to the Inn as the morning goes by. Lookspring heads out alone into the purportedly dangerous town, which seems to be waking up as the day goes by. As he leaves the Inn, he notices that more people are out and about on the streets.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring wanders the town headed for the marketplace. He sticks to the larger streets and does his best to avoid any large groups of people. When he arrives he searches for a vendor selling fresh bread and fish for breakfast.

Patlin

Explorer
Lookspring seems to be attracting a bit of attention as he travels through town, but by sticking to the main streets he does feel reasonably safe. He finds a street vendor who is able to sell hime the breakfast he desires (for 3 coppers.)

As he is purchasing his breakfast, he overhears a street tough nearby asking one of his fellow thugs "Whatta ya reckon it is? Some magic thing? Maybe a halfling in a cat suit?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring sizes up the people examining him as he begins eating his breakfast. Feeling generous from the recent success of his mission he decides enlighten the unwashed masses. Finding something to stand on he addresses those observing him. "I am Lookspring of the Katara. My kind hail from the Kanatisis region far to the east of here. I'm one of the first to travel this far."

garlicnation

First Post
Jeremiah, who has been staying in the Inn all this time has been thinking to himself *the world isnt a very friendly place. My friend lookspring seems to be getting along fine in this godforsaken place, but i cannot wait to leave.* He spends the day on gather information, looking to find out if anyone here knows anything about his kind of people.

(invisiblecaste not working. Modifier is +0)

Patlin

Explorer
No one seems interested in challenging Lookspring any further, although many slow to look at the unusual sight of a Katara in Trindle Isle. Is he headinging back to the inn, or does he wish to explore further?

Garlicnation, I don't understand what sort of information you are trying to turn up. What kind of person are you thinking of when you say "his kind of people?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Seeing that the simple townsfolk are satisfied with the answer and not finding anything else of particular interest, Lookspring returns to the Tavern to wait with Jeremiah until the ship arrives.

Patlin

Explorer
Jeremiah is somewhat frustrated in his attempt to gather information, and eventually concludes that the townsfolk don't distunguish at all between psionics and magic. The strange powers of a sorceror and a psion are all the same to them.

Lookspring arrives back in the inn shortly after Jeremiah reaches this conclusion.

It's begining to get dark, and a larger crowd seems to be gathering in the inn prepared for an evening of drinking.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring settles into his chair with all the grace of a falling building. "Well you were right, this town has nothing to offer. I've seen dirt farms with more excitement. Our only hope is to drink heavily to numb the boredom until our ship arrives." With that said, Lookspring waves over a wench to order a drink.

Remove ads