"The Unraveling of Creation" - recruiting players

orkish_blade

Explorer
In a tavern in Bronzburg, a ragtag bunch are nursing their ales. Bronzburg is a small village that has seen better days. It had a boom as a mining town two hundred years ago, but the copper mines dried up and most of its residents moved on. Now, it sits nestled in a valley of the Green Mountains, chiefly as a trading post for the sheepherders that live on small ranches scattered through the valley. A day-and-a-half's journey northward out of the valley is the Great Road, connecting the heart of the Empire to the west with its eastern holdings. Bad things are happening in Bronzburg (goblins are raiding the local warehouses, predators are picking off sheep, bandits are robbing travelers, the dead are walking about the graveyard) ... and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post with your character concepts (no need for full stats yet) - name, race, class, a sentence or two about their personality/backstory ... read the rules below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first time DMing a PbEM game. The theme and story are negotiable and mutable ... mostly I just want to try it out. I used to DM pencil and paper, but that was a long time ago, and I've been trying to get into PbP games for a few months ,but I'm just not fast enough on the threads. I'm looking for 4-6 players committed to posting about once per day (if things are rolling well, I might start a second group in the same campaign world). I'd also like to keep it a little bit "old school" in terms of style.

Rules:

D&D 4E

Characters start level 1

(sources [with restrictions noted below]: PHB, PHB2, PHB3, DMG, DMG2, MM, MM2, MM3, FRPG, MP, MP2, AP, DP, PrP, PsP, AV, AV2, MotP, OG, Drcon1, Drcon2, PA, PB, Dmcon, Undrk)

Races: Dragonborn; Dwarf; Elf, Dark (Drow); Elf, High (Eladrin); Elf, Wood (Elf); Gnome; Half-Elf; Half-Fiend (Tiefling); Half-Orc; Halfling; Human

Classes: Barbarian; Bard; Cleric; Druid; Fighter; Monk; Paladin; Ranger; Rogue; Sorcerer; Warlock; Warlord; Wizard

Dice roller: invisiblecastle.com (that way you can email me the links, and vice versa)

Other restrictions: multiclassing by feats and paragon multiclassing (no hybrids); no martial practices (rituals only); other things may come up, bear with me, it's the first time I've DMed in years and the first time ever in PbEM/PbP format.

PBeM vs. PbP: I've spent some time deliberating, and I think I PBeM will be better. Most of it will be run just like PbP with posts for the group to see, but it will be easy to pass notes to individual players and vice versa for any clandestine rolls/checks/actions. This is my first attempt, so we may switch it back to PbP.

Last edited:

orkish_blade

Explorer
sappire -- what race/class do you want to play? in a sentence or two, describe your character's personality/history.

so far we've got:
half-orc fighter
half-orc rogue
halfling sorcerer
high elf monk
dark elf sorcerer

sappire07

First Post
tiefling warlock

carrion was raised by a cult of demagorgon until he finaly escaped their grasp. to this day he is still hunted

orkish_blade

Explorer
I'm up to 6 PCs now... I don't think I want to go any bigger, but if you want to be first alternate if someone drops out, send me full character stats via email:

orkish.blade at gmail dot com

Remove ads