• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Upcoming Adventures thread

Mewness

First Post
*clinks glasses with Xeterog and H.M.*

I'd love to keep playing with the Rerisen group (and I think Toeto has a pretty good adventure hook if anyone wants to develop it). But there are a lot of genuine newcomers in the tavern at the moment who need to be doing something :)

Luinnar

First Post

I'd love to keep playing with the Rerisen group (and I think Toeto has a pretty good adventure hook if anyone wants to develop it). But there are a lot of genuine newcomers in the tavern at the moment who need to be doing something :)
I echo both statements :)

Kaz is not in the tavern yet, but he is ready to go on an adventure at a moments notice.

treex

First Post

I'm glad that there are people who think of newbies. There's been a big boom of posts recently and there are more threads than I can keep up with now.

jsb420

First Post
While there are numerous adventures ongoing, there seems to be no new ones starting. Hopefully I can change that. I want to try my hand at running a PbP game, 1st level. I've run many tabletop games and know how to run a game. I have also researched (A.K.A. lurked) many PbP games on this site as well as others, and feel confident i can run a fun adventure.

I'd like to have the PCs in place before emailing my adventure submission. Looking at the current patrons in the Hanged Man, I see lots of strikers/controllers but zero leaders/defenders. I'd rather not use any Essential classes (Don't have the books or money to get them) so sorry Cyrus (Darksteed) and Damien (Demonic Jester). Since this is a 1st level adventure, those at the table (Eithal (H.M.Grimlord), Fredrock (Xeterog), "Mr. Smith" (Mewness), Toeto (Dekana), Yishim (ronakshah2000) ) wouldn't be able to play either.
Unfortunately, this only narrows the field. That leaves:
Ardens (Circio) - Human Mage 1
Finnean Fairhand (Son of Meepo) - Halfling Ardent|Rogue 1
Jesse Tey'un (treex) - Wizard 1
Myrodis Epsion (Eternal54) - Human Wizard 1
Zaemar (the truthseeker) - Shadar Kai Swordmage 1

3 controllers, 1 arcane defender, 1 pseudo-leader/striker

That looks like a difficult party composition. Anyone willing to change their character? Or do you guys feel like you want to try? A TPK would make my DM ego squeal with delight but it does little for popularity :p

As I said above, I want the party already established before submitting the adventure proposal (it will most likely speed the approval process up - [crosses fingers]).

What say you?

treex

First Post
I'm a total newbie, as far as I know, I had little to no idea to what you said (as in, which category I fit into)

And I'm doing this for the experience of learning, so I wouldn't care much if it came to a TPK, but that's just me.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether the other players will turn up either. What if they don't? D:

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION]: I'm due a third character. Worse comes to worst, if you would be willing to handle a party of six players, I could roll up a first level artificer, bard, monk, or warlord fairly quickly.

jsb420

First Post
@treex: i am new to ENWorld, not to D&D 4e. I've been playing since the good 'ol days.

We need if the others are interested before we can start obviously (No worries, i'm excited too!). Hmm... maybe i can start some dialog at the Hanged Man. Maybe the others only check that particular thread.

Remove ads