The Vigilante

BigVanVader

First Post
So, I'm thinking that a lot of Rogue and Fighter multiclassing would make for a great unarmed vigilante in the vein of Rorschach, or even very early Batman(who was more of a pulp hero than this absolute chessmaster). With Rogue, you get a lot of skill points and you get appropriate things such as sneaking and disguise and all that. With Fighter, you get all those Bonus Feats, so you could put them into cool exotic weapons like bolas and the like.

Any other suggestions, items, possible feats, etc? I'm not looking for optimal, I'm just looking for competent. Also, magic classes bore me to death, so I probably wouldn't add Wizard, or Sorcerer, or anything like that. Ranger is possible for the Favored Enemy business, but it's not necessary to me.

nonsi256

Explorer
If you build a Fighter-Rogue and you wish to have solid unarmed fighting capabilities, don't skip Superior Unarmed Strike and Snap Kick (both are ToB feats).
Don't waste your feat resources on more than one exotic weapon. Better yet, search for a feat that allows you to trip/entangle with range attacks rather than spending it on bola (I'm sure one already exists somewhere).

Have you looked at the vigilante PrC from Complete Adventurer? It has some magic in it, so I don't know if it would be what you're looking for.

Is your vigilante going to leave people alive for the police? Then you may want to look at Subduing strike.

Batarangs strike me as shurikens. So that's another exotic weapon. Do you think you could talk the DM into doing Weapon Groups for proficiency?

llZaknafeinll

First Post
Have you thought of first of a forest more armed damage a unique rage/bite attack it's in cc pg 80

(Feral Trance (Su): Once per day, you can enter a feral battle trance. While you are in this state, the raw power of the beast flows through you. Your hands and feet become clawlike (destroying any shoes or gloves you are wearing), and your teeth lengthen and grow pointed. For the dura- tion of the trance, you gain a +4 bonus to Dexterity and a +2 bonus on damage rolls with your unarmed strikes. You can also make one bite attack per round at your highest attack bonus whenever you attack as a full-round action.)

Remove ads