The Vin Diesel Dungeons & Dragons Scholarship

I'm planning to track down Vin Diesel and send him an email asking if he'd be willing to win the hearts of millions of gamers around the world by creating the Vin Diesel Dungeons & Dragons Scholarship, which would provide a $10,000 in scholarship money each year to talented writers and artists who are planning to work in the roleplaying industry, to help them pay their way through college. Though Mr. Diesel is a Hollywood movie star and is able to actually live adventures on the sets of movies, roleplaying games are the closest normal people can come to being heroes, and these games encourage nobility and a sense of heroism, in addition to helping younger people develop greater critical thinking ability. Those who are planning to help others enjoy these games in the future should be rewarded, and the Vin Diesel D&D Scholarship would be the first such award.

It could be given out annually to 5 different juniors or seniors in high school who demonstrate a great interest in roleplaying games, and who will be going to college to pursue a degree related to the study or creation of those games. Applicants would have to write a few pages of some of their best gaming moments, making sure that they have a good grasp of narrative style, or they can submit several works of visual art to represent the same thing. There would be 2 rewards for artists, and 3 for writers each year. Also, as part of the requirement of the scholarship, the winners are required to meet at GenCon and play a game, game mastered by a member of the scholarship committee (I'm going to try to get Piratecat on board for this one, since he is one of the highest-rated game masters at GenCon).

What do you think? Anyone know Vin Diesel's email address?

Sanackranib

First Post
celeb scholarship

why stop with Vin Dissel? from hat I read on that who plays D&D thread it sounds like quite a few celebs play. when you are making millions of dollars per picture I seriously doubt that you would even notice the loss of $10,000. It would be like buying girl scout cookies for the rest of us.

If I didn't already say it I think you may have hit on a good idea.;)

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
No clue if this is the right guy or not, but...

EDIT - I don't mean to be heavy handed Meepo, but, even if this is correct info, it's not really kosher to post this info in public, even if it was attained publically. Chances are, it's not even him, because most celebrities go unlisted, and only trackable through their agencies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry

Autoexreginated
You'd best put a smiley with that, Paul - wouldn't want to get arrested for humor! :)

Seriously, even if this was the correct address (which strikes me as SCARY), the best thing to do is find the address of his agency, and mail to or call there. The way to contact a celeb is through his agent, not directly.

Dingleberry

First Post
Re: celeb scholarship

Sanackranib said:
when you are making millions of dollars per picture I seriously doubt that you would even notice the loss of $10,000.

Bear in mind that it takes a lot more than $10,000 to create a scholarship that pays $10,000 per year. And five of them would be a LOT more than $50,000.

Remove ads