• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wyvern's Tale LIVES!

nillic

Explorer
Hello gamers of EnWorld. A few months ago Nareau posted an article detailing how one of Asheville's (UN)friendly local gaming stores stole our domain name the day after we announced plans to open, then Morrus graciously posted that article to the front page which threw our nascent store into a crazy spotlight that included local and international papers, blogs, podcasts, and various other media outlets. Then all of you amazing people came around to support us, which in turn caused an avalanche of local support for our cause. And while we're furiously working on websites, logos, and up-fitting the space I wanted to thank you and give you an update on our progress.

-As of last Wednesday, May 16, we officially have a building. Located at [MAP]347 Merrimon Ave. Asheville, NC 28801[/MAP]

-This Monday, May 21, we are closing on the start-up loan that will provide us funds for orders, rent, signage, and other sundry items.

-Our grand opening will be June 16, Free RPG Day. Come join us! The local Pathfinder Society along with other local supporters will be there all day running games!

I took some photos of the space while we worked today and wanted to share a few here:

This is the building, two stories of gaming goodness

Built in glass displays

Main retail space

Rear entrance

All the gaming happens upstairs

Notice we took out the wall in the arch

Roleplaying lounge

One of the gaming rooms, note we will get rid of the flowery wallpaper. (Although the idea of hardened Space Marines duking it our surrounded by flowers does appeal to me)

Again, thank everyone here so much. This kind of community is why we know it's a good idea to open this store.

If you are interested our actual web address is www.TheWyvernsTaleAVL.com though it only leads to our facebook site. I'm still working on site designs.

Remove ads