• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The yet still complete list of official 4E D&D products: now with new format!

Pour

First Post
Blah, I still can't believe that's it for the 2012 product schedule. Couple the direction of 5e and the sad fact DDI will in no way be able to make the difference, I'm feeling pretty neglected.

ggroy

First Post
Blah, I still can't believe that's it for the 2012 product schedule. Couple the direction of 5e and the sad fact DDI will in no way be able to make the difference, I'm feeling pretty neglected.

The same thing can be said about the 2012 release schedule for D&D novels, if one is only interested in printed paper books. It peters out by July, unless one is interested in more hardcover Drizzt and Elminster titles.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
WotC has been pretty dreadful about adding novels to its catalog for a while now, and I agree that the release schedule for 2012 seems pretty light. That said, I count five titles scheduled after July, only two of which are Elminster or Drizzt books. But two of the other titles are omnibus reprints, leaving just a single new release that I'm aware of at this point.

2012 D&D novel releases
The Masked Witches (February 2012)
The Haunted Lands Omnibus (February 2012)
Venom in Her Veins (March 2012)
War of the Spider Queen Volume I: Dissolution, Insurrections, Condemnations (March 2012)
The Eye of the Chained God (April 2012)
War of the Spider Queen Volume II: Extinction, Annihilation, Resurrection (May 2012)
The Rose of Sarifal (May 2012)
Godborn (June 2012)
Bury Elminster Deep (Paperback reprint, June 2012)
The Gilded Rune (July 2012)
Neverwinter Wood (Paperback reprint July 2012)
Blades of Moonsea Omnibus (August 2012)
Elminster Enraged (Hardcover, September 2012)
Charon's Claw (Hardcover, October 2012)
Godbound (October 2012)
Stone of Tymora Omnibus (Hardcover, October 2012?)

ggroy

First Post
Godborn (June 2012)

This title doesn't show up at all on an amazon.com search. Though a page for it does show up via a google search.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Godborn-Cycle-Night-Book-I/dp/0786954973"]Amazon.com: Godborn: Cycle of Night, Book I (9780786954971): Paul S. Kemp: Books[/ame]

It's listed as "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available".

For some odd reason, "Godborn" by Kemp does show up in searches on amazon.co.uk and amazon.ca with a November 2012 release date.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
For some odd reason, "Godborn" by Kemp does show up in searches on amazon.co.uk and amazon.ca with a November 2012 release date.
Yeah, it looks like the release date for Godborn has been shifted to November (based on this entry in Kemp's blog). That presumably means that Godbound and Godslayer -- the other two titles in the Cycle of Night series -- won't be released until 2013 or possibly even 2014.

What's very strange though is that 2012 will (apparently) be the first year since 1984 with no new Dragonlance titles on the release schedule!

Pour

First Post
The same thing can be said about the 2012 release schedule for D&D novels, if one is only interested in printed paper books. It peters out by July, unless one is interested in more hardcover Drizzt and Elminster titles.

I think the real question is who wants more Drizzt or Elminster over stabs at something new or innovative? And if these people, this supposed majority, do prefer them... how do we stop them?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I don't mind the Drizzt novels, although I confess that my interest petered out about two thirds of the way through the 23(?) books that currently make up Drizzt's story. To put that another way, there have been many D&D books published over the years which have been a lot worse than Salvatore's writing.

Remove ads