• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Theme Song and a MotW question

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Well, we've already got domains that can turn a Cleric into a Quasi-Druid, and domains that can turn a Cleric into a Quasi-Paladin, so I guess one that turns a Cleric into a Quasi-Ranger couldn't hurt.

Imagine a Cleric with the Animal and Hunting Domains. He's got Track, Wilderness Lore as a class skill, Knowledge (Nature) as a class skill, and Animal Friendship at 1st level.

-Better AC than a ranger
-Better spellcasting than a Ranger
-Better combat abilities than a Ranger (due to spells)
-Heavy Armor Proficiency
-Animal Companions at 1st level instead of 4th
-Can Turn Undead
-Can spontaneously cast Cure spells

-Sadly, lacks the Two-Weapon Fighting (which can be easily remedied with 2 feats), has fewer skill points (a high INT helps), a lower BAB (but not much, and that's easily overcome with spells), and no Martial Weapon Proficiencies (unless he multiclasses or is an Elf).

All in all, I think he could beat out a Ranger in most ways.

Last edited:

Doc_Souark

Explorer
Prestige Class

I wouldn't want to supercede rangers to much but maybe I'll work it up as a Pristige class, well I'm off on my second honeymoon now (and Da Hobbit turns 30 today too :D) so I'll see y'all sunday.

Remove ads