D&D 5E Theory

The timing of WotC's recent flurry of new character options -- feats or races and skills, subclasses, new classes, etc -- has a lot to do with complicating the character building process thereby expanding the need for dndbeyond's soon to be introduced character builder. Anyone agree? I know I am confused and can't wait for it to come out.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
As more material is released, it is certainly easier to have the options consolidated in a single place, however, I don't think that it is any where near the point where a character builder is required.

Li Shenron

Legend
I don't think a character builder will ever be required... you can have 1000 options to choose from, but your PC still only has as many chosen option as her class levels allow.

The timing of WotC's recent flurry of new character options -- feats or races and skills, subclasses, new classes, etc -- has a lot to do with complicating the character building process thereby expanding the need for dndbeyond's soon to be introduced character builder. Anyone agree? I know I am confused and can't wait for it to come out.
I think that the timing may be more due to getting the options out there for testing and feedback so that they can be incorporated in the "Big Book of Crunch" that is likely coming out later in the year.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think that the timing may be more due to getting the options out there for testing and feedback so that they can be incorporated in the "Big Book of Crunch" that is likely coming out later in the year.
Yeah, this thing: all the testing is for a specific product. Most of what we know is what they have decided to test public ally, but there is probably more at work...

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using EN World mobile app

transtemporal

Explorer

No, I think this is a sign of the end times. All character race options will be replaced by furries. Duck will replace common as the most spoken language. A new Great Weapon Master feat tree will be introduced that applies all melee damage to hand crossbow attacks.

Remove ads