• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

There goes the Ant-Man movie

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
It'll surely be a comedy, something I assumed when they announced that Wright was directing a few years ago (pre-Avengers).

Not sure how comedy and the creation of Ultron will work together, but I love Wright and Rudd both, so am totally up for it.
He is not the creator of Ultron in the movie-universe.

I can see it working.

Ant Man is a bit of a silly character. It's hard to play it straight. So you can a comedic action with the acting chops and standard movie star looks to make the serious action movements works but the goofiness to hang a lampshade on the fact he's choosing to shrink to smaller than a centimetre to fight crime.

Plus the big Ant Man story was always To Steal an Ant Man, which rumours have as the story they're adapting. (Which skirts the issue of making a movie about a dude most famous for smacking his girlfriend.)
Which would make Rudd Scott Lang not Hank Pym. And Lang is not a serious person.

It would pretty much have to be a) Iron Man or b) not a superhero, then, wouldn't it? I guess Bruce Banner IS a scientist, but building robots doesn't really seem like his thing. I think we can safely rule out Thor, Cap, Black Widow or Hawkeye.
I'm pretty sure there was an article about Iron Man being the creator, and Ultron being a drunk version of Jarvis,or something like that.

It would pretty much have to be a) Iron Man or b) not a superhero, then, wouldn't it? I guess Bruce Banner IS a scientist, but building robots doesn't really seem like his thing. I think we can safely rule out Thor, Cap, Black Widow or Hawkeye.
There are many theories.

Ultron could be Jarvis gone mad.
Agent Coulson died and was replaced by a Life Model Decoy, and one becomes Ultron (if not Phil himself).
It's created by HYDRA or some other bad guy group.
Ultron is an alien like the phalanx version tying in Thanos and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Etc, etc, etc.

I can see it working.

Ant Man is a bit of a silly character. It's hard to play it straight. So you can a comedic action with the acting chops and standard movie star looks to make the serious action movements works but the goofiness to hang a lampshade on the fact he's choosing to shrink to smaller than a centimetre to fight crime.

Plus the big Ant Man story was always To Steal an Ant Man, which rumours have as the story they're adapting. (Which skirts the issue of making a movie about a dude most famous for smacking his girlfriend.)
Which would make Rudd Scott Lang not Hank Pym. And Lang is not a serious person.
True, and if that is the route they are going, I hope they do a good job of it. I'm just hoping they don't make him a walking one-liner joke in the way that Ion Man's Tony Stark evolved into. I'm not very hopeful.:.-(

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
There are many theories.

Ultron could be Jarvis gone mad.
Agent Coulson died and was replaced by a Life Model Decoy, and one becomes Ultron (if not Phil himself).
It's created by HYDRA or some other bad guy group.
Ultron is an alien like the phalanx version tying in Thanos and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Etc, etc, etc.

Isnt there a semi canon Jarvis-Ultron connection anyway? Ultron 1 uploading itself to Jarvis and then stealling an IronMan suit?

Baron Strucker is in the movie so the Hydra connection is possible...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads