• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is Bazaar: Dungeon Adventure

Hurricain

First Post
here is Deacon , assuming everything is okay and what not.

" Walking past the table with a female on each side , you see a a young man stop and look back at your table. Whispering sweet nothings to each of the females he strides over to your table.

" Hello there , My name is Deacon , though my friends call me lucky. I couldn't help but overhear your situation. Cleaning out a dangerous dungeon is no easy task ,especially when you don't have anyone to deal with all those annoying traps and whatnot. That my friends is where I come in , I would like to help in your noble cause , so what say you?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Originally posted by tburdett
"When are we leaving?"

"Aye, well, maybe ye could tell us yer name first my fellow dwarf," Griswald says, and extends a hand to shake, "I'm Griswald, faithful paladin to the mighty Heironeous."

tburdett

Explorer
The dwarf scratches himself while looking Griswald up and down. His glance finally comes to rest on the paladins outstreched hand, which he eyes as if it were a poisonous snake. "A paladin, eh? Do yer parents know?" Realizing how that sounds he quickly follows up with, "Not that it's a bad thing! Ahem, my name is Gerad. A couple of the guards were talking about how you all were exploring some dungeons and here I am. Best dungeon exploring dwarf there is, if I do say so myself. And I do."

silentspace

First Post
Zarin introduces himself to all around

OOC: sorry to rush things, but I've been reading IC thread and I'm really into it :p

Assuming they retire to somewhere private so Griswald and Poto can fill them in:

Zarin listens carefully, pulling out a parchment and taking notes. I do enjoy a good mystery. Sometimes it helps to see all the pieces written down in one place. So begging your indulgence, let's see what we have so far.

He puts his notes down on the table:

Interesting events/Unsolved puzzles
- Ruphus Laro, priest of St Cuthbert was attacked by members of the Last Laugh, led by a wall-climber
- The attackers, Nilas Varkazi, Hylum Ferant, and Kerlen, were city guards, hired by Jil, a female, to scare Ruphus
- These guards are currently under arrest for assault
- Jenya, of the church of St Cuthbert, consulted an oracle. It said:
The locks are key to finding them.
Look beyond the curtain, below the cauldron,
But beware the doors with teeth.
Decend into the malachite 'hold,
Where precious life is bought with gold.
Half a dwarf binds them, but not for long.
- 25 abducted so far, mixed races, professions, ages, from all over the city, mostly low to middle-class
- Revus Twindaggers, Last Laugh member, has been watching Terrem for over a year. Terrem just disappeared.
- Patch, half-orc handyman at the orphanage, watched Terrem for Revus.
- Ms Fanister, human nurse, said Narth had a nightmare the night the children were abducted
- Narth's dream: a gnome with crooked teeth and black tattered cloak tried to catch his breath and take it away
- Some abductee's homes and shops are closed and locked.
- Terseon Skellerang, captain of the guard, is too busy watching the thieve's guilds, and other 'practical' matters
- Keygan Ghelve, gnome locksmith, made most locks in town. Entrance to Jzadirune in his shop, beyond the curtain.
- Starbrow, Keygan's rat familiar was taken hostage by the tall ones
- Keygan gave master keys and lists of clients to the kidnappers
- Jzadirune: gnome settlement under Cauldron, abandoned due to the Vanishing plague (gnomes to fade away)
- Known denizens of Jzadirune:
- tall ones: forms in dark tattered cloak, stealthy, attacks with rapier, leave human sized foot prints
- short ones: shorter versions of the above, leave small hoof prints
- rags: slam and improved grapple attacks
- tall ones wrapped in rags: rapier attack. When injured, rags attack as above, body falls down dead
- crab construct: metal wedges for claws. attacks: slams you across room, run by power gem
- Doors are lettered, seemingly random
- Some ceilings have pully, belt and fan mechanisms, they run between rooms.
- Illusion of Emirystul, librarian of Jzadurine:
The scrolls you seek have been destroyed to keep you and others from fading into nothingness.
The curse of the Vanishing began here, in these mystic halls, and here it will remain.
Be careful what you find, and mind whatever magic was wrought here.

What have I missed? By the way, next time we go down, we should grab that alchemy kit you saw. They're valuable, we could sell it for some coin.

Edit: formatting (sorry I can't get it to look better)

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
I hope putting it all down in one place will spark ideas. Here are some questions I have, but I'm sure there are many others. Let's get them all down, maybe we can choose some to investigate in the morning before going back into Jzadirune?

Questions/Possible Actions:
- Why did Jil go after Ruphus? Did he discover something that triggered it? Will she come after us?
- Can we ask the arrested city guards more about Jil? Is she the wall-climber? What is she like?
- What can we find out about Terrem? Why was Revus interested in him?
- Does Patch have any connections with the Last Laugh we can exploit?
- What is Terseon busy with exactly? What does he know about the Last Laugh? About Revus and Jil?
- Can Revus or Jil be hunted down and questioned? (Revus is a low-level type...)
- Are the tall ones/short ones undead victims of the Vanishing?
- Can Keygan give us a master key for the locked victim's homes?
- Does Keygan know anything else about Jzadirune? Where has he been to? Did he make the map he gave you?
- Has Keygan made/found keys for the gnome doors/know what the fan and belt mechanisms are/anything else?
- Does magic cause Vanishing? Why destroy scrolls?

Also, did it look like fire was particularly effective against those rag creatures? If so, perhaps we should stock up on alchemist's fire or oil...

Zarin greets Marcus and Ian, noticing them for the first time :)

Manzanita

First Post
Poto Knezer

"Gosh, you are organized, Zarin. You, "he says, pointing at him carefully, "will like Marcus."

"I must admit, we haven't seen much organization down in the tunnels. It would probably be OK to pause our underground explorations temporarily to further investigate the city. Still, I suspect the answers we seek are in the tunnels. We know, don't we, that the abductors came from there, or at least some of them. Jenya's clues seem to indicate the tunnels are where we should go. Is say we take our buffed up force back down there, and takes some names!"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Originally posted by tburdett
"A paladin, eh? Do yer parents know?"

"They passed away some time ago, but its no matter," Griswald respond, "Good to meet you Gerad."

Originally posted by silentspace
"Here are some questions I have."

"Aye, Marcus'd be the man for that," Griswald replies.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads