This is Goodbye.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Dear David,

Thank you for your courage in sharing this sad news with us.
Thank you for your substantial contribution to the hobby.
Many of us don't know you personally, and are just learning your name today, but you are one of us, and a meaningful part of this community.

And we are all diminished.

You will need strength and courage in the weeks to come, and I pray that you find them.
God bless you and those you love --
Toph

Dapfunk

Villager
I am sorry that I will not be able to finish my threads: "Elder Dragons" and "Pages from the Royal Chef's Cookbook"; but I was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given 1-2 months to live. I will miss you all and hope to recover and beat this thing; but I have to prepare for the worst. For those that want more of my content, you can find some on DriveThruRPG. I hereby give permission to Enworld to reprint my Enworld books as wanted or needed. There are a total of 13 books or short works, but most are no longer available on DriveThruRPG. If anyone wants a personal copy, email me (soon) and I will try to send you what you ask for. All the stuff I write is for 3.5e D&D, but most could be easily adapted to 5e.

Good luck and God Bless
David Sanders (ElectricDragon)
Preparing for the worst is tough. You got love sent your way by Ohio and all those joining me in praying for your health and well being. Thanks for all your poay

I wish you much strength David on the difficult road ahead. I hope you do not have to walk this difficult path alone. I'll repeat that you are indeed one of us. I wish you all the courage and strength in the world.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Sorry to hear such bad news. I hope you can beat it, and that you can have a long prosperous life ahead of you. Failing that, I hope that the time you have left will be painless, and that you can spend it with your family and friends, in a way that matters to you and them.

Dioltach

Legend
Really sorry to hear this. Like someone noted above, I'm sure this thread would have dozens more replies if people knew what to say. Besides "that sucks", and you probably know that already.

I'm not much given to philosophising, particularly on a public forum, but I believe that we live on as long as the ripples of our lives continue. For what it's worth, I hope you and yours can draw some comfort from that idea.

Remove ads