This is my new all-time favorite monster book (13th Age Bestiary)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I'm so glad you love this book as much as I do! My monsters were ridiculously fun to write. My beasties included:

- The hoardsong red dragon
- Whispering Prophets (which started as a "not a mind flayer")
- Redcaps
- Bugbears
- Llamasu

Now I need to go back and read the bugbears, the rest of these were amazing creations that caught my attention while I was reading through the book.
I can't wait to start my next 13th age campaign (im waiting for 13true ways to ship, and a PF game to hit a stopping point.)

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I just read the stirge entry tonight and simply love the idea of certain criminals being forced to allow a stirge to steal some of their blood with the stirge subsequently petrified so that The Archmage can simply un-petrify the specific stirge and use the blood therein to work blood magic.

What a great idea!

Dungeoneer

First Post
Just saw this on the 13th Age Facebook page, and it's pretty great!

owlbear.jpg

The much-maligned owlbear, noted for its playful nature, is often killed by adventures for its furthery coat. But who will think of those left - the innocent chubs? This August, consider finding a home for an owlbear chub, dragon hatching, gelatinous puddle or rust mewling.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
I'm halfway through my copy, and it's the most fun I've had reading a monster book since the Dragonlance: Fifth Age Bestiary. I'm beginning to think there's something about FRPGs with "#th Age" in their titles ... :)

The chuuls, hags and jorogumos stand out the most, followed closely by the chaos beasts, elder beasts, intellect devourers, lammasu, and lich.

Bugleyman

First Post
I'm so glad you love this book as much as I do! My monsters were ridiculously fun to write. My beasties included:

- The hoardsong red dragon
- Whispering Prophets (which started as a "not a mind flayer")
- Redcaps
- Bugbears
- Llamasu

You did some amazing work. In fact, the Bugbear entry is what sold the book to me while browsing at the FLGS. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You did some amazing work. In fact, the Bugbear entry is what sold the book to me while browsing at the FLGS. :)

Seriously? Dang. Thanks.

I take no credit for mechanics, as I focused on flavor text. Rob Heinsoo helped on the mechanics for my beasties, and I think he did an amazing job.

Remove ads