D&D General This week on HOW-I-RUN-IT.com: Dragon Magazine #109

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
You have excellent suggestions there for making the Lizardfolk interactions more directed and comprehensible.

Glad to hear it!

I do eventually plan to do a post about The Final Enemy as well, but will be writing about "Salvage Operation" and "The Isle of the Abbey" first.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
It's DRAGON MAG MONDAY and today on HOW-I-RUN-IT.com we're covering Dragon Magazine #107 (March 1986), an issue I got during my freshman year of high school and that despite having a forgettable cover, turned out to have more that influenced my games and DMing than I would have thought.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I've been making some changes to the site.

I recently updated the "About STAT BLOCKS" page to add notes about alignment and to explain my changes/additions to the stat block (including breaking down the math for AC total, adding "Proficiency Bonus" as a category, and changing "Hit:" to "Damage:" in the stat block).

I am slowly going back and updating my old Troglodyte Tuesday posts to reflect the changes in stat block.
So far I have only completed the Stone Blight and the Troglodyte Juggernaut.

Look for a post on Wugs (my version of frog people) on Tuesday and a modification of my Minion rules on Thursday.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Today is "Troglodyte Tuesday" on HOW-I-RUN-IT.com and we're presenting my version of bullywugs - or as I have long called them "Wugs" with a little tangent about MCDM's Flee, Mortals!

night-croaker.jpg

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Today is #DRAGONMAGMONDAY! and over on how-i-run-it.com I did a deep dive on Dragon Magazine #109 from May 1986, an issue I bought off the stand at the Compleat Strategist in NYC and that had a huge influence on a 15-year version of me's D&D playing (and gaming in general).

I also recently updated the "ABOUT Stat Blocks" page for background info on how I do stat blocks for my Troglodyte Tuesday and Revenants of Saltmarsh posts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases