Thousand Thrones: Your Experiences? (Here there be Spoilers, Probably)

I'm running this by Skype and maptools; we're now into chapter four and despite significant potential to become de-railed it's so far all going quite smoothly, this can't surely continue and I was wondering, with 6.5 chapters still to go, who else has played in or run this epic, how far they managed to get and which are the pit falls coming up that I should be worrying about the most..?

Skywalker

Adventurer
I'm running this by Skype and maptools; we're now into chapter four and despite significant potential to become de-railed it's so far all going quite smoothly, this can't surely continue and I was wondering, with 6.5 chapters still to go, who else has played in or run this epic, how far they managed to get and which are the pit falls coming up that I should be worrying about the most..?

I am just finishing up chapter 5. Its a great campaign but it has some serious issues due to the amount that has been cut from it.

First, I assume you have seen the two expansions for TTT by the original authors here: The Thousand Thrones Expansions

If not, grab them. They reall help to expand out the backstory as originally intended.

I posted some extensive notes of the changes I made here: [WFRP] My run of Thousand Thrones update

Essentially, I added a number of scenarios and subplots to the campaign. I used amlagamated Lady Reiva with Baroness Margrave and made her the PC's patron driving much in the first half of the campaign. I added Spires of Altdorf to Chapter 4 which I found too linear and thin. I have used the campaign expansions and Lure of the Liche Lord to expand and replace chapters 6 and 7, which I feel is the heart of the campaign (which makes the fact that it was turned into red herring quest all the worse).

1K Thrones is certainly "sub-plot & side-track friendly" I started the party with Pretty Things and added A Rough Night at the Three Feathers, the Spires of Altdorf idea sounds interesting too, I'll take a look at it, thanks...

Remove ads