Thread Not Found (Unless I Log Out)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So this is a rather odd situation. I went to check up on this thread...

...only for it to be missing entirely, as though it had vanished. When I went to my post history, it confirmed that I had posted in that thread, but when I clicked on my posts (i.e. to send me to my posts in that thread), I was instead sent to a "Oops! Thread not found" message.

Even stranger is that, when I log out, I can find the thread no problem. It's like it's been set to be invisible specifically to me.

I've never heard of something like this happening before, so I'm guessing it's either some sort of glitch or there's a setting in my account that got accidentally toggled somehow.

@darjr any ideas how to fix this?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
So this is a rather odd situation. I went to check up on this thread...

...only for it to be missing entirely, as though it had vanished. When I went to my post history, it confirmed that I had posted in that thread, but when I clicked on my posts (i.e. to send me to my posts in that thread), I was instead sent to a "Oops! Thread not found" message.

Even stranger is that, when I log out, I can find the thread no problem. It's like it's been set to be invisible specifically to me.

I've never heard of something like this happening before, so I'm guessing it's either some sort of glitch or there's a setting in my account that got accidentally toggled somehow.

@darjr any ideas how to fix this?
It’s because Morrus is now ignoring you and it was his thread.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
The same happened to me and at least one other poster regarding the "One thing I hate about the sorcerer" thread. Inaccessible while I'm logged in.

The person starting the thread likely has put you on Ignore, or vice versa.

This would be a fairly recent change in board behavior. Previously, if someone had you on ignore you could see a thread they made and the first post they made (but wouldn't see any other posts by them in the thread). The only time a whole thread would be hidden is you had the OP on ignore (but the thread would still be accessible).

Remove ads