• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Threads that go Klunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Furn_Darkside said:
I look forward to having a forum of non-rpg discussion with a similar level of etiquette as found here.

That can not be found at your site.

It won't be found in an unmoderated forum, either, I expect. Even here, the level of etiquette is kept high by moderation. The very threads that you wish to continue are the ones that attract lack of etiquette.

*shrug* Good luck. You'll probably need it.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
FD, I'm not in any way representing the Straight Dope Message Boards, just recommending them (the Mods get skeevy about people appearing to act as reps of the boards).

I find the folks there to be intelligent, clever, thoughtful, and intellectually rigorous, and perceptive enough to know that I've paid them five different compliments. There's a very wide variety of viewpoints espoused intelligently and eloquently there. There are forums for general questions, debates, cultural discussions (in which gaming threads sometimes appear), and so on. While flaming is allowed, it's highly discouraged outside of the BBQ Pit, a forum dedicated specifically to flaming. The Mods aren't as quick to close threads as are our esteemed mods, but they're much quicker to ban posters who don't follow board rules.

Its main drawback is that the boards sit on a computer powered by underfed hamsters, who gasp and wheeze as they turn the power wheel. They occasionally eat posts.

Eric's grandmother doesn't watch over the boards -- there's a fair amount of profanity -- but little of it (at least, little of it outside of the BBQ Pit) is directed at individuals.

You may want to check it out.
Daniel

bondetamp

First Post
The thing I hate about Nutkinland is that they don't insert [humor] in front of a humorous post.

How the, ahem, heck am I supposed to know when to laugh? :confused:

Doctor Doom

Explorer
Hi. Im creating my own messageboard where my own lack of objectivity will reign, because I don't agree with the lack of objectivity on another board. This way we can discuss closed enworld threads according my own whim.

Lars Frehse

First Post
Bondetamp is right.
Those Nutkinlanders are nothing but a bunch of subjective and offensive hobos with an attitude.

Fortunately though, I heard that Eric's grandma intends to kick Nutkin in the junk and take his wallet, so there is still hope.

And, while I am at it: READ MY STORYHOUR, IT IS VERY GOOD!

The Traveler

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Well said.
But to understand your statement, one would have to have objectivity, which, sadly, Nutkinland completely lacks.
Reapersaurus, of course, is a regular poster at Nutkinland :)

bondetamp

First Post
Lars Frehse said:
And, while I am at it: READ MY STORYHOUR, IT IS VERY GOOD!

Oh yeah?

Well if it is so ... gosh darned good, how come I can't see any fan art or logo for it? All the really good ones have that. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads