Thunderstone & Tanglefoot Bags

Artoomis

First Post
Tanglefoot Bag: Throw this round leather bag full of alchemical goo as a grenadelike weapon. When the bag is thrown against a creature (as a ranged touch attack), the bag comes apart and the goo bursts out, entangling the target and then becoming tough and resilient on exposure to air. An entangled creature suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -4 penalty to effective Dexterity. The entangled character must make a Reflex save (DC 15) or be glued to the floor, unable to move. Even with a successful save, it can only move at half speed.

A character who is glued to the floor can break free with a successful Strength check (DC 27) or by dealing 15 points of damage to the goo with a slashing weapon. A character trying to scrape goo off himself, or another character assisting, does not need to make an attack roll; hitting the goo is automatic, after which the character who hit makes a damage roll to see how much of the goo he happened to scrape off. Once free, a character can move at half speed. A character capable of spellcasting who is bound by the goo must make a Concentration check (DC 15) to cast a spell. The goo becomes brittle and fragile after 10 minutes.

Thunderstone: Throw this stone as a grenadelike weapon. When it strikes a hard surface (or is struck hard), it creates a deafening bang (a sonic attack). Creatures within a 10-foot radius must make Fortitude saves (DC 15) or be deafened. Deaf creatures, in addition to the obvious effects, suffer a -4 penalty on initiative and a 20% chance to miscast and lose any spell with a verbal (V) component that they try to cast.

You could go to:

http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd/srdequipmenti.html

Or look in the equipment chapter of the PHB - at the end of the chapter, I think.

Orco42

First Post
Romotre said:
And don't forget the deafness from a tunderstone is PERMANENT. very cool with that thunderstone trap is T&T...

You know I never noticed that. I really should read the whole description of an item before I decide it sucks. ;)

Stalker0

Legend
Question about tanglefoot bags. Does the entanglement apply even if the guy passes his reflex save? It mentions passing just lets him avoid sticking to teh ground, nothing about the entanglement is mentioned

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Does the size of the creature have any effect on whether it is affected by the tanglefoot? As written it would seem that Dragons and Tarrasques are affected as much as a (blind) kobald.

Remove ads