• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tickled To Death?

StupidSmurf

First Post
This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with a buddy of mine recently:

Me: I dunno, to me, tickling is something with sexual overtones to it, sometimes overt, sometimes subtle, bu always there in one degree or another.
Friend: Baloney. You just have a dirty mind.
Me: Oh really? How many girls have you tickled?
Friend: Oh, a few. Don't remember numbers, but who does?
Me: Very true. And have you been tickled by girls?
Friend: Sure have! :D
Me: OK, so....how many guys have you tickled?
Friend: Um...none....
Me: Uh huh. I see. How many guys have tickled YOU?
Friend: None, especially if they want to keep their teeth.
Me: Riiiight. So. Why is that?
Friend: (flustered) I don't know! It's...just...it's...weird, that's all! Guys tickling guys?
Me: Uh huh. Right. :]

So anyways....On to the matter at hand...I think someone could die of asphyxiation or something like that, if forced to laugh for a prolonged period of time. I'd make it a Con based save, although there's an argument for making it a Wil based save.

caudor

Adventurer
Mystery Man said:
I dunno, I laughed so hard I almost passed out when my dog tried to eat a peanut butter sandwhich.

It must be pretty funny, maybe they're sticky or something.

I agree, animals can crack up just about anyone. Need proof? Grab yourself a .wav file of a donkey. Listen to it over and over. That covers just the sound aspects. How many times did it take before you laughed?

On a serious note...strong laughter jars lose mucus from your neopharanx area which drips into your throat, which can be sucked into your airway by strong intakes of air, also associated with a laughing. When you move from laughing hard to choking, it is much more difficult for people to determine that you are unable to catch your next breath.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
StupidSmurf said:
This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with a buddy of mine recently:

Me: I dunno, to me, tickling is something with sexual overtones to it, sometimes overt, sometimes subtle, bu always there in one degree or another.
Friend: Baloney. You just have a dirty mind.
Me: Oh really? How many girls have you tickled?
Friend: Oh, a few. Don't remember numbers, but who does?
Me: Very true. And have you been tickled by girls?
Friend: Sure have! :D
Me: OK, so....how many guys have you tickled?
Friend: Um...none....
Me: Uh huh. I see. How many guys have tickled YOU?
Friend: None, especially if they want to keep their teeth.
Me: Riiiight. So. Why is that?
Friend: (flustered) I don't know! It's...just...it's...weird, that's all! Guys tickling guys?
Me: Uh huh. Right. :]

Ah, it's a foot massage thing!

Bartmanhomer

First Post
I really think the DC save should be a dex. vs con. save. When the torturer use it's Dex. bouns to tickle the victim. The victim must use con. save to succedd the torturer save.

genshou

First Post
Can a person die from laughing too hard? I think the same thing applies to being tickled.

Try to read this entire thread in one sitting. Now imagine reading for 24 hours straight. I'd be a goner; my body could barely hande 30 posts!

Remove ads