Tiles and Maps, Actually Printed -- NOT Pdf. Any Ideas?

The_Gneech

Explorer
Well, we all know that Dungeon Tiles/Galaxy Tiles are awesome.

Many of us know that Paizo's Flip-Mats and Gamemastery tiles are slightly less awesome due to being thinner cardstock, but still quite good.

I have recently managed to score some tiles from Christopher West's personal site, even though there's not that much actually up for sale there.

Anybody else have a good source of maps and tiles that are actually, y'know, already printed, as opposed to being a PDF you then take to FedEx/Kinko's and spend a packet to print out?

I've found lots of downloadables. Lots and lots and lots of downloadables, many of which are indeed excellent. But I'm really in the market for stuff that is already a real product instead of an assemble-your-own. Bonus points for SF, but I'll take what I can get.

Any recommendations?

-The Gneech :cool:

PS: No telling me how easy it is to print my own, thanks. :p

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Rackham produced a number of sets of 12" x 12" tiles. Interior and exterior spaces, 1" grid, great artwork. Printed on heavy stock, but not gameboard like the WotC tiles. Definitely fantasy, themed around their Cadwallon setting but useful for most medieval fantasy type stuff. Each set had 10 or 12 tiles, double-sided, and there were three or four sets, I think.

Only flaw is that it's mostly small, cramped spaces.

And that they were hard to find even when they were in print (2 or 3 years ago). But you might be able to find them online or on eBay.

I can also definitely recommend Dwarven Forge's range (which includes some SF sets). Top of the line, but pricey and storage can be an issue.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Rackham produced a number of sets of 12" x 12" tiles. Interior and exterior spaces, 1" grid, great artwork. Printed on heavy stock, but not gameboard like the WotC tiles. Definitely fantasy, themed around their Cadwallon setting but useful for most medieval fantasy type stuff. Each set had 10 or 12 tiles, double-sided, and there were three or four sets, I think.

And that they were hard to find even when they were in print (2 or 3 years ago). But you might be able to find them online or on eBay.

I can also definitely recommend Dwarven Forge's range (which includes some SF sets). Top of the line, but pricey and storage can be an issue.

The Dwarven Forge stuff is nice, but I'm leaning more towards 2D maps/tiles than 3D terrain specifically because of the price/storage issues.

I'll look into Rackham, thanks!

-TG :cool:

Klaus

First Post
Fiery Dragon's 4e BattleBox has three pages of tiles/dungeon dressings. The 4e Counter Collection Heroic 1 also had 4 3x3 room tiles (two empty, one with a meeting table and one with a crypt). All thick, all die-cut.

diaglo

Adventurer

i have some older boxed sets from Games Workshop around the early to mid 80s. dungeon floor plans and such.

Remove ads