Tiles and Maps, Actually Printed -- NOT Pdf. Any Ideas?

Herschel

Adventurer
I have the WotC maps from the adventure packs and the Paizo two-sided maps (not the cardstock tiles, but the full-size, markable maps). I also DM Game Day adventures and have those maps. I have them laminated at a Teacher's Supply Store so I can use markers on them also.

You also might want to look for old tiles from the miniatures starter sets pre-map. Half-Price Books and the like may have them or even garage sales.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Starship Trooper Floorplans by Mongoose is a set of 4 double-sided poster maps of a sci-fi or alien terrain nature (swamplands, Hydora Beachhead, wastes of Pluto, etc) with 1" grid. MSRP is $19.95

edit: It also contains four sheets of card templates to enhance the maps.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Rackham produced a number of sets of 12" x 12" tiles. Interior and exterior spaces, 1" grid, great artwork. Printed on heavy stock, but not gameboard like the WotC tiles. Definitely fantasy, themed around their Cadwallon setting but useful for most medieval fantasy type stuff. Each set had 10 or 12 tiles, double-sided, and there were three or four sets, I think.

Yep, those are nice. Got all four sets of their Reversible Gaming Tiles (A, B, C & D). :D

Rackham won't have them anymore, but should be possible to find them online (here for example (that online store has bought the complete Rackham stock when they switched to plastic minis instead of metal)).

You could also look into HeroQuest stuff, or Warhammer Quest, Descent, or similar boardgames with a modular game board.

Bye
Thanee

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
You could also look into HeroQuest stuff, or Warhammer Quest, Descent, or similar boardgames with a modular game board.

Oooh, yes! For a SF setting, try FFG's Doom board game. Maybe you can buy a secondhand or damaged copy cheap, since you're just after the components and not a complete game. Tons of interlocking tiles on board game stock. Great artwork.

Descent is great for the fantasy version.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases