• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiny PC races

Kvantum

First Post
Pseudodragons are ECL 4. 2 dragon HD and a +2 LA. A base Pixie is ECL 5, 1 Fey HD and a +4 LA. Pixies aren't very playable, if you ask me. Essentially a useless racial HD and a 4 LA leaves any pixie character way too far behind. Pseudodragons, though, at least have some hopes of keeping up with the other PCs.

Arcana Unearthed/Evolved offers the Spryte Faen.

Grigs are LA +3. Their 1/2 racial HD translates into starting off with just the 1 class level, so a 1st level Grig Rogue, for example, would be ECL 4.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Not many, but you should consider asking if you can customize from a baseline race. The Pixie isn't really playable as written, but can be used to create another race that could. See if the DM will lower LA for dropping various SLAs and such.

Dumping Greater Invisibility, the various SLAs and the Special Arrows should be good to reduce it to an LA+0 race. At size Tiny flight isn't unbalancing, it's absolutely necessary for a viable character. At roughly a foot to foot and a half tall a medium humanoid is roughly the same size ratio to it as a storm giant is to a human.

Whimsical

Explorer
You can always roll your own. What kind of Tiny race would you like to play? Humanoid? Dragon? Animal (awakened or ex-Familiar) or animal like? Fey?

Sorry, no Tiny Giants allowed. :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
JonnyFive said:
what Tiny or smaller races are available to PCs? how about with a slight amount of rule bending?
I had some rules for tiny Gnomes around here somewhere... but that'd be 100% House Rules.

Cheers, -- N

skelso

First Post
The Pixie is sized Small, so it's right out anyway.

The Jermlaine (another Fey) is sized Tiny, no Racial HD and an LA +0 from MMII. They are also virtually the only LA+0 race that gets a bonus to Wisdom (+6!!!). Be sure you check the 3.5 update file from Wizards.

:Skims the description some more:

They can also speak to rats and Dire rats at will! I can just image a Jermlaine Druid, riding into battle on his loyal steed, Bellylint the Dire Rat.

Last edited:

ardentmoth

Explorer
Whimsical said:
You can always roll your own. What kind of Tiny race would you like to play? Humanoid? Dragon? Animal (awakened or ex-Familiar) or animal like? Fey?

Sorry, no Tiny Giants allowed. :)

awwww, but what if the giant was -cursed- to be tiny? Bizarre back story? yes, i think so. but possible. Rod of wonder backfire, anyone?

Remove ads