TOEE Fatal Error

Andre

First Post
I've searched the TOEE and Circle of Eight boards, but can't find an answer to this problem. Here's hoping someone here can help out.

I just got a new PC with dual core and Windows XP Media Edition. I can install and run TOEE fine, if I stop at patch 1. As soon as I install patch 2 (or skip it and install patch 3), the game won't load. I get a windows dialogue box that tells me I've encountered a C++ runtime error. Even more interesting, it locks up the CD drive, so I can't eject the game CD until I restart the computer.

I've updated my video drivers (Nvidia), updated Direct X, and have loaded all the current Windows updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mycanid

First Post
Hmm ... dunno. Never had a problem with the game. Could it be the dual processor? I did all my playing on an athlon xp 3.0ghz cpu machine.

What did the others that you asked suggest?

Ilium

First Post
One completely unrelated thing to check: I had a problem with ToEE griping that I was trying to pirate it (which I wasn't, I had the original play disk in the drive as normal). I was pretty ticked off but I checked the Co8 forums and found this suggestion:

Clean the disk.

Turns out my disk was just dirty and the software interpreted it as being a copied disk. If your disk isn't perfectly clean it might be trying to run the "you've been naughty" code and tripping on that. Certainly worth a shot.

Remove ads