D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation mounts

CapnZapp

Legend
I think @pukunui has me on his block list - why would he otherwise repost what I just posted.

Note also that his numbers significantly nerf larger creatures (because 5E has done away with quadruped bonuses).

If a creature that should easily weigh (and eat) ten times as much can't even carry three times as much cargo, I know I would much rather have three smaller ones than a single Huge one.

The easy antidote to this is to use d20 rules, as I did.

Quadrupeds can carry heavier loads than characters can.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm

I think @pukunui has me on his block list - why would he otherwise repost what I just posted.
He didn't. If you check, you'll see the numbers are different.

It looks like the ones he posted are the correct ones for 5e, whereas the ones in your post are the 3.5e ones.

Note also that his numbers significantly nerf larger creatures (because 5E has done away with quadruped bonuses).

If a creature that should easily weigh (and eat) ten times as much can't even carry three times as much cargo, I know I would much rather have three smaller ones than a single Huge one.

The easy antidote to this is to use d20 rules, as I did.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm
If the OP regards this as a major issue as you do, then I'm sure the figures you gave will be very useful.

CapnZapp

Legend
He didn't. If you check, you'll see the numbers are different.
I already know this and why.

If you had actually read my post you wouldn't write that. You would have realized I incorporated my clear suggestion to use the quadruped factor from d20.

I even gave a link.

Apart from not using that, our figures are identical since we use identical formulas.

Unlike him, you don't even have the excuse you didn't read my post.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

I already know this and why.
Then . . . then why did you claim pkunui had reposted what you had posted? Annd why make the assertion that he had blocked you?

If you had actually read my post you wouldn't write that. You would have realized I incorporated my clear suggestion to use the quadruped factor from d20.

I even gave a link.
That link isn't the same as the way that you suggested doing it though. You're suggesting the quadrupedal multiplier is size-based and used in addition to a size multiplier rather than a flat x1.5.

And again, if you knew that pkunui had used a different method than you, why claim that he was reposting your work?

Apart from not using that, our figures are identical since we use identical formulas.

Unlike him, you don't even have the excuse you didn't read my post.
The posts are saying two different things! They're not the same! One is not a repost of the other!

Arrgh! :confused:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases