D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation, Xanathar's Guide to Everything (and other products) now up for preorder on Amazon

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Don't forget Betrayal at Baldur's Gate currently $50.00.

I have Betrayal at House on the Hill and it's been a disappointment. Most of the haunts have fallen flat because of the opaque goals (neither side often knows what the other side has to do to win) making the game end with a lame:

Team: "I/We won!"
Opponent: "Huh! How?"
Team: "Because XYZ"
Opponent: "Oh..."

I've discussed this on BoardGameGeek and apparently some people enjoy the randomness of the haunts, but to my mind it's not much of game.

IMHO once the haunt starts it should turn into a strategy game where both sides are trying to achieve their objective while also blocking their opponent. Without that it's just a race to two invisible finish lines.... so I've started reworking the haunts before playing it again. (I also have Widow's Walk expansion because people enjoy the beginning part - the tiles etc are cool).

Hopefully they've addressed this in the Baldur's Gate edition.

darjr

I crit!
While get what your saying, I have to disagree. The secret objective is amazing. Players trying to coax the goal out of the other player is fun like it is in Dead of Winter.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Has there been any more information or pictures of the dice? The only one that seems to exist looks as if it was computer generated. I want to see the actual dice.

Well for us gamers in the north, Amazon.ca has both books listed but no dice and no battle matt:

Tomb of Annahilation - Amazon.ca - $38.37
Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Amazon.ca - 38.37

Indigo/Chapters is also listing the two books, but for a wee bit more:

Tomb of Annihilation - Indigo/Chapters - $56.91
Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Indigo/Chapters - $56.91

I can't say if the prices on Indigo/Chapters will drop to match those of Amazon.ca but they have in the past so it is likely they will, but no guarantees of course.

Happy gaming!

Not certain if it'll get the special Xanthar cover, but probably.
So guess I'll preorder the regular cover on Amazon to get a usable copy at regular price.

Not certain if it'll get the special Xanthar cover, but probably.
So guess I'll preorder the regular cover on Amazon to get a usable copy at regular price.

I actually like the regular cover more than the special cover for Xanthar's. I just like the image of the beholder excitedly peering into a fish bowl. It makes me laugh.

Remove ads