D&D 4E Tomb of Horrors (4E version) - anyone run this yet?

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Wow, I won't be at the end of it for...ages. And Arcane, I have made this part of a larger campaign. I'm about three, four sessions away from Chapter 2.

darkjedi26

First Post
Resurrecting this thread for a question.

Does anyone know about what level the PCs should be at at the end of each chapter? We are going to start running this soon, but will be switching DMs during the level breaks between chapters. I want to let him know about what level to plan to run the PCs for before jumping back in for the next chapter.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
As a rule of thumb, each character should gain 1 level for each chapter.

Chapter 1: 10th level (reaching 11th by end)
Chapter 2: 14th level (reaching 15th by end)
Chapter 3: 18th level (reaching 19th by end)
Chapter 4: 22nd level (reaching 23rd by end)

Chapter 3 looks slightly longer, but they'll probably not reach 20th unless they were already a way into 18th.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
We're halfway through the Shadow Tomb (chapter 2) at the moment. Poor Rich's paladin tripped a trap that made him elderly... weakened and slowed. No-one in the group has the ritual to fix that, so the group's defender is almost out of the action.

I've "enhanced" the adventure in the Shadowfell by using the Despair Deck from Gloomwrought, which is proving extremely amusing. :)

Cheers,
Merric

DNH

First Post
I've "enhanced" the adventure in the Shadowfell by using the Despair Deck from Gloomwrought, which is proving extremely amusing. :)
I had considered doing that myself. It would mean buying the Shadowfell box though, of course. You reckon it's worth it then? It's working nicely?

Remove ads