Kickstarter Tome of Beasts 2 Kickstarter Launched! D&D 5E

Kobold Press' latest Kickstarter is here - Tome of Beasts II with 400 new 5E monsters. It funded in an hour and is rocketing through stretch goals!

Expand Your Game with New Demons & Dragons!

From the creators of the original Tome of Beasts! Kobold Press is wrangling a new horde of wildly original, often lethal, and highly entertaining 5E-compatible monsters to challenge new players and veterans alike.

The Tome of Beasts II will bring 400 new monsters to 5th edition, from angelic enforcers, sasquatch and shriekbats, to psychic vampires, zombie dragons, and so much more.

In addition to these lethal creatures to spring on players, if you back the Tome of Beasts II Kickstarter at the $25 level and up you can submit an original monster design for possible publication! The original Tome of Beasts published 40 such backer monsters, including some extremely popular creations!

Along with the Tome of Beasts II hardcover volume and PDFs, this Kickstarter will fund the creation of monster pawns, VTT versions for Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds, monster lairs with beautiful maps, and more!

Back TOME OF BEASTS 2 on Kickstarter Today!

mail.png

Monkey King

Explorer
What is up with the super crazy monster names? I love using your content with my players because they haven't "been there and done that" with all the new monsters but struggle when I have to describe something as a Astheohthje (made up just now by randomly hitting keys) or similar. Are they real world names taken from strange myths, random keyboard typing, or even products of a deranged mind kept lock in a sanitarium?

Some are indeed realworld names from folklore, and some are just oddball names in the D&D tradition, just like "illithid" or the like. I agree that some don't roll off the tongue quite as readily as others!

Wolfgang

darjr

I crit!
Odd hard to pronounce words and names?! It wouldn’t be D&D without em.

But now I think the Astheohthje must be made.

Can patrons get monsters added in this one?

I’m thinking a giant golden viper that hides in a displaced illusion of a beautiful ancient Egyptian dancer.

Matchstick

Adventurer
Added to my "remind me" list. I introduced my nine year old nephew to D&D over Christmas and he took to it like a fish to water. The next day he had memorized most of the monsters in the Zub monster book! This could be a great Christmas present!

Marc Radle

Legend
Added to my "remind me" list. I introduced my nine year old nephew to D&D over Christmas and he took to it like a fish to water. The next day he had memorized most of the monsters in the Zub monster book! This could be a great Christmas present!

I actually taught my son to read when he was little because he was fascinated with my 3E Monster Manual. He'd page through it and ask what one monster or the other was. As first I would just tell him, but as he started learning to read, I would make him sound out the creature's name himself.

We spent many happy times together when he was little, flipping through that Monster Manual together, looking at the art, and reading those names :)

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases