Tome Teaser is Up!!!

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
A question about the Dukes and Arch-devils. How was their hit dice determined?

The reason I ask is that Pit Fiends advance up to 39 HD; I expected the Dukes to be pretty advanced hit fiends, and Arch-Devils to be above this maximum.

No criticism- anyone who wants to can certainly add hit dice- I'm just wondering why they are not comparable to advanced pit fiends.

And one other question (my apologies if this has been asked and answered before)- what is the cost for a devil to use a wish? Moloch can use it at will- is there any reason why he would not use it as often as desired? It's kind of redundant to have read magic as a spell-like ability when you can just wish you can read a given magical text.

Regards,

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Cheiromancer said:
A question about the Dukes and Arch-devils. How was their hit dice determined?

The reason I ask is that Pit Fiends advance up to 39 HD; I expected the Dukes to be pretty advanced hit fiends, and Arch-Devils to be above this maximum.

No criticism- anyone who wants to can certainly add hit dice- I'm just wondering why they are not comparable to advanced pit fiends.

They don't have to be above this max to be more powerful. Check the Malebranche in MM2. It has more HD than a standard pit fiend but overall is weaker.

Same for the arch devils and demon princes in the Book of Vile Darkness (the WotC book that just came out). The highest rated arch devil in there is Asmodeus (35 HD), but he can take any pit fiend one-on-one in the MM without a problem.

And one other question (my apologies if this has been asked and answered before)- what is the cost for a devil to use a wish? Moloch can use it at will- is there any reason why he would not use it as often as desired? It's kind of redundant to have read magic as a spell-like ability when you can just wish you can read a given magical text.

Regards,

I suppose a devil or demon prince could use wish as often as desired. This might get changed as it might be a little too powerful, not sure yet though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases