Tomorrow War

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
It was a fun romp, lots of emotional character interaction, and tons of action!

The aliens were amazing, terrifying, and wicked. Seriously, someone leveled up their CGI skills on this one. Superb stuff.

The plot has holes the size of Pratt's smile. Some seriously questionable choices and nonsense going on. You just have to let it go and go with the flow.

I would have appreciated a little more forethought. The plot was scattered. I really enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow and I feel like that movie had a more centered plot. The TW universe has tons of potential but instead it was just served up on the plain white ceramic plate of CGI and horror. There was a beautiful story in here about finding meaning in your life vs. always looking for greener pastures -- but it barely landed that idea by the end.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

There are some questionable direction decisions that kind of take the viewer out of immersion.

One example is when a soldier flies backwards from an impact that should have made them fall downwards instead of sideways.

Another example is when somebody shows up by essentially teleporting a long distance from where they should have been, like a comedy cartoon.

I'd rate the movie around 4 out of 10 stars - okay to watch for some of the action sequences and the special effects, but not really worth a rewatch any time soon unless skipping over most of it.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Bleah. 3 out of 10.

I found it hard to believe that world governments would buy into the future war idea to institute a world-wide draft system. I found it harder to believe that once they did accept that, they would not follow up on the toxin at the end. Even without a connection to the future, manufacture and stockpile the toxin all over the planet, but especially in Russia.

Speaking of utilizing the tactical advantage of being in the past, I also found it very difficult to believe no one but Forester and his wife thought about trying to affect the war from the past, and figure out when/how the aliens arrived. Also, why did the future not send back reports of engagements with the spikes, with when and where they took place and how they turned out, with instructions to preserve them so humans in the future could review them and alter their plans accordingly. Maybe it would be too close to Tenet?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Just starting. Wouldn't sending people from the past to die diminish the number in the future to fight? A Terminator scenario makes more sense. Send a team to the past to prepare for the future. Bring some future tech back to cause a huge leap forward.

Ryujin

Legend
Bleah. 3 out of 10.

I found it hard to believe that world governments would buy into the future war idea to institute a world-wide draft system. I found it harder to believe that once they did accept that, they would not follow up on the toxin at the end. Even without a connection to the future, manufacture and stockpile the toxin all over the planet, but especially in Russia.

Speaking of utilizing the tactical advantage of being in the past, I also found it very difficult to believe no one but Forester and his wife thought about trying to affect the war from the past, and figure out when/how the aliens arrived. Also, why did the future not send back reports of engagements with the spikes, with when and where they took place and how they turned out, with instructions to preserve them so humans in the future could review them and alter their plans accordingly. Maybe it would be too close to Tenet?
I would bump it to as high as a 6/10, if only because they answered the question that was pissing me off about the nature of the alien invaders since they were first encountered in the movie. Too many movies would have just left that hanging (even if they left the ultimate origin question hanging anyway, because it was outside the scope of the movie).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases