D&D 5E Tools for Running Larger Battles Efficiently

Oh it's just that if the PCs all stay in one zone you only have to "do" one real battle while the other zones are done with quick rolls. If the PCs are involved in every zone, then each zone needs more "attention". For example in zone 2 where the party archers went after the spell casters, well those spellcasters are probably going to retaliate etc etc. Mind you, the roll can still be used to describe what is happening in the background of that zone, and even if the PCs weren't able to take the enemy spellcasters out, if said spellcasters focus on the PCs it's still helping the PCs' allies.

Have you had the chance to use this system yet? I'm saving it for potential future use :)

It has not seen play with the group yet. It might before the campaign is over.

Oh it's just that if the PCs all stay in one zone you only have to "do" one real battle while the other zones are done with quick rolls. If the PCs are involved in every zone, then each zone needs more "attention". For example in zone 2 where the party archers went after the spell casters, well those spellcasters are probably going to retaliate etc etc. Mind you, the roll can still be used to describe what is happening in the background of that zone, and even if the PCs weren't able to take the enemy spellcasters out, if said spellcasters focus on the PCs it's still helping the PCs' allies.

Have you had the chance to use this system yet? I'm saving it for potential future use :)
my connection must be screwy

Last edited:

dbl post

Remove ads