Top 10 Classic D&D Movies

barasawa

Explorer
I was excited to see Beastmaster when it came out. I was extremely disgusted when I actually saw it.
It's a horrible mangling of the book "Beastmaster" by Andre Norton.
It's a scifi story with the main character being an ex-military esper who lead a beastmaster sabotage team, and was also a descendant of terran american indians. As to the ferrets, they were supposed to be a pair of meerkats.
If you want to know more, just read the book, I'm sure your local library has it.
Also, here's a link to a small wiki article on it, but still, read the book. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_Master

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Just watched Hawk the Slayer...why is the dark lord broke? He seems to really need that 2,000 gold pieces. He has a pretty large army...couldn't he just take it?

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Fantasy movies that I recall as D&D-inspirational but weren't on the list:
- Princess Bride
- Willow
- Dark Crystal
- Never Ending Story
- Clash of the Titans

Oh, and E.T., because I found the D&D references fascinating as a kid.
Disappointing was The Dungeonmaster. I was hard to disappoint at age 12, but man was that movie disappointing.

Stormonu

Legend
Hawk, the cheesy movie that keeps on giving. Hell, Hawk's part of my Amberos campaign.

I'll also add Fire & Ice as well as The Last Unicorn to the list of D&D great movies from the past. Then there's always Dark Crystal.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The Goonies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Ghostbusters, Stargate, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl... I'm sure there's a bunch of others I can't remember. :p

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases