Top 5 RPGs--Summer 2012

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
ICv2's Top 5 RPGs puts Pathfinder in first place again for Summer 2012. As always, there's the caveat that this chart of the Top 5 Roleplaying Games (hobby channel) reflects sales in Summer 2012. The charts are based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers; so put whatever value on that wish.
  1. Pathfinder - Paizo Publishing
  2. Dungeons & Dragons - Wizards of the Coast
  3. Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch - Fantasy Flight Games
  4. Dragon Age - Green Ronin Publishing
  5. Dungeon Crawl Classics - Goodman Games
WotC isn't really doing much in the selling of D&D product at all at the moment (other than DDI subscriptions) - while D&D Next is being worked on, at least.

Attachments

• 24224PathfinderRPG_BegBox-xlg.jpg
    24224PathfinderRPG_BegBox-xlg.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Dragonbait

Explorer
Wow. Way to go Green Ronin and Goodman Games! Spots 1 thru 3 are looking pretty consistent now. I'd congratulate all the companies, but they are consistently on there so now it's expected of them :angel: Dragon Age has been on there several times too, if I recall correctly.

delericho

Legend
No real surprises there.

Part of me would quite like to see D&D drop to #3 (or even below). Not out of malice towards the game, its fans, or WotC, but simply because they are in the midst of an edition change, and that's inevitably hitting sales hard. Seeing the WH40k games move up a spot would thus be an indicator that the market has at least some strength - it's not really the best sign if D&D can maintain #2 consistently despite working with a huge handicap.

(It will also be very interesting to see if D&D reclaims that #1 spot when 5e is released, but that's a little way away yet. :) )

Remove ads