• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Toughness Redesigned

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
Toughness feat adds 5 hit points, increases the chance of stabilizing, chance of becoming conscious, and chance
of recovering hit points when recovering without help by 5%, and adds 1 to the negative number that they die at.
Effects stack if taken multiple times.

Thoughts, Comments, Ideas?

Technik4

First Post
It certainly becomes an even greater boon to level 1 characters, but it still doesn't seem like characters created at level 6 or higher will take it, which is pretty much the problem the "official" toughness has...

I prefer the MotW gradually better toughnesses or the one that simply gives +1 hp/level, both of those scale fairly nicely.

To improve the basic Toughness (without making it quite so good) I would let you survive to -13 (so you have 6 more points before death than someone who is not 'tough', 3 positive and 3 negative hp).

Technik

Morgenstern

First Post
Improved Toughness, an official feat allowed for characters is listed in the back of the MMIII. It grants 1 hp per level or HD. Toughness is pretty much a lame duck at this point.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Instead of having your "death number" be -11, why not have it be the negative of the character's Con score (or stay at -10 if -10 is better)? That way, someone with a 20 Con and the Diehard feat could keep fighting all the way to -19.

Dave

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
My houserule is characters die at negative(10+Level+Con modifier).

So toughness adds to that total.

As for the MotW feats I would apply the the same changes as Toughness.

(Don't own MotW so names might be wrong)

Dwarf's Toughness(normally +6 HP) would be add +10 HP, +10%, + negative 2.

Giant's Tougness(normally +9 HP) would add +15 HP, +15%, + neagtive 3.

Dragon's Toughness(normally +12 HP) would add +20 HP, +20%, + negative 4.

A character who took all 4 feats would end up with +50 HP, +50% and + negative 10.

sinmissing

First Post
how about crushing all those toughness feats from MotW and PH together?

Benefit: You get an increase in hit points equal to your base fortitude save

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads